FM 2009 the best yet?!?

Well, after seeing a few posts lambasting the new version, I just wanted to say that I absolutely love this version. I could not go back to 2D and I know that the match engine will continue to improve. I like the press conferences and know, those too, will get better. Assistant manager feedback is a great edition as is the board confidence revamp. Also, I really like the ability to ask your players to learn new moves now, good stuff.

So, for me, this is the best version yet and I have already been spending way too much time playing while on vacation (or holiday if you prefer).

Things I would like to see improved-

More variation to the press conferences

More improvements to the match engine graphics

Continued improvement to the media module

Just a few things off the top of my head. I look forward to many more hours with '09 and the continuation of the series in the years to come :)

Don't know about the best yet, but its got me playing again. Lost interest at FM06. But for some reason this version offers a good enough challenge and at last I have the feeling that changes I make in tactics actually make a difference to the outcome of the game - they did in previous versions I know, but perception plays a big part in playing FM I feel. Can't wait to see where they are going to take the 3D rendering of the match engine.

Just wish the training was a little more in depth. I see constantly in match reports that the players passing is poor - I'd love to be able to focus on that in training. Not sure at present how to do that in the current system.

Glad to see someone enjoying the game. I'm undecided about it, one day I'll think it's rubbish and can't bear to play it and I'll just play FM08 other days I really enjoy playing it. I suppose I'll continue playing FM09 just because it's the newest version and out of sheer loyalty to the game.

Well, after seeing a few posts lambasting the new version, I just wanted to say that I absolutely love this version. I could not go back to 2D and I know that the match engine will continue to improve. I like the press conferences and know, those too, will get better. Assistant manager feedback is a great edition as is the board confidence revamp. Also, I really like the ability to ask your players to learn new moves now, good stuff.

So, for me, this is the best version yet and I have already been spending way too much time playing while on vacation (or holiday if you prefer).

Things I would like to see improved-

More variation to the press conferences

More improvements to the match engine graphics

Continued improvement to the media module

Just a few things off the top of my head. I look forward to many more hours with '09 and the continuation of the series in the years to come :)

I agree that 09 is the best version with 08 a very close second but even though this is the case I still feel that it could have been better and implemented more ideas, think i will wait until FM11 to buy again, unless FM10 is incredible and different.

Personally I think FM08 is better than FM09, since I'm a fan of win-it-all (start unemployed, win everything in every country)... That makes up for long games. Unfortunately, FM09 is impossible to play for long, since it's too damn slow. Getting to 2025 in FM08 is faster than getting to 2014 in FM09...

i've got to admit, i'm very surprised at the fairly negative reaction fm09 seems to have got from quite a few on here and am glad to see someone else who is enjoying it!

I think press conferences, whilst a good idea in theory (im all for increasing the media involvement) are repetitive and i dont particularly like using steam (combatting piracy is important like, but i'd rather not have to go through this every year) but those are my only complaints.

the 3D feature isnt perfect but (and i should mention i got the game for christmas and as such started with the second patch straight away) i dont think its too bad- i certainly think it is good enough for a first attempt. It was worth releasing the game with the 3d view and, hopefully, it is something that over the years can be fine tuned. I enjoy actually seeing my moves develop and wouldnt want to go back to 2d (or the good old days of just having the text commentary)

Overall, my enjoyment of the 3D view has meant that 09 feels quite a bit different to previous versions (which i didnt think was the case when going from 07 to 08) and im just hoping to get one of my fairly infrequent but vastly enjoyable succesful careers going! Good work this year SI, im looking forward to fm10 already!

simply the best... 9.1 patch - still using pirated copy... then 9.2 came out, no crack...it just drives me crazy!!! i just can't wait no more... so i bought the game!!! haha! hopefully there are other success stories like mine ;)

simply the best... 9.1 patch - still using pirated copy... then 9.2 came out, no crack...it just drives me crazy!!! i just can't wait no more... so i bought the game!!! haha! hopefully there are other success stories like mine ;)

Bye Bye my friend!!!!!

bye bye... for what? I'm just saying... that the game is great... just can't get enough of it... ;)

You admitted to pirating the game, doesnt matter if you have bought the game now, admin dont take to kindly to people admitting pirating and therefore most get banned and sounds like you only bought the game because you couldnt get a crack for 9.0.2.

Bye Bye my friend!!!!!
You admitted to pirating the game, doesnt matter if you have bought the game now, admin dont take to kindly to people admitting pirating and therefore most get banned and sounds like you only bought the game because you couldnt get a crack for 9.0.2.

A job well done by SI... and isnt this what they would have wanted? piracy is very hard to battle... and they have won it with me... hehe ;) back to the topic... yes, the best! if only there are more camera angles for the 3D matches....

Archived