Man City are beyond crazy

Has anyone tried to reduce Hughes attribute "buying players" with the editor and noticed if it helps?

I never figured out exactly what that attribute does. A 20 would mean that he'd buy quality players or buy a lot of players?

By your post Id guess you think it is the 2nd one? I never actually tested this attribute's effect so... just curious.

I never figured out exactly what that attribute does. A 20 would mean that he'd buy quality players or buy a lot of players?

By your post Id guess you think it is the 2nd one? I never actually tested this attribute's effect so... just curious.

Actually, I have no idea. My guess is "buying players" is how "trigger happy" a manager is on the transfer scene, and the "judging player potential" and "ability"-attributes determine if the players he buy is good or not.

Has anyone tried to reduce Hughes attribute "buying players" with the editor and noticed if it helps?

That IS the solution. Eric Cartman, the Manchester City reseacher, is lowering it for the next patch. Lowering that attribute to 4 solves these problems.

That IS the solution. Eric Cartman, the Manchester City reseacher, is lowering it for the next patch. Lowering that attribute to 4 solves these problems.

I hope that is not the only solution SI has, then. The next time Man C hire a manager with a "buying players"-attribute over 8 they will go bananas again.

Unfortunately the manager AI is not intelligent enough to avoid these stupid scenarios. It is a slight downer to say the least.

As Viking mentioned, the Man City researcher may well lower Hughes' buying players stat to reduce the mentalness of Man City in its early days. This however will make no difference to me as he'll no doubt be gone by the time I apply any patch to my long-term game.

Why wasnt giving Man City squidzillions of pounds thought out for more than a few seconds? Failing that why was the buying of players, stuffin them in their reserves and then selling them on for peanuts not picked up during testing? It is these kind of things I find quite depressing :(

Maybe SI will fix it in another way - a little more intelligence from the board perhaps.

i love man city's crazy spending power - so i've managed leeds utd got them to prem in 4 seasons got sacked due to takeover of mega rich ukranian - went to bolton - left for sampdoria job

put 2 players offered to clubs i noticed man city were interested in salvadore foti my young 23 year old winger he was valued 6 million i thought why not try negoitiate with man city - jokingly put 26 million and 25% future sales they accepted !!!!!!!!! lol

city RUINS the game.

SI need better testers before releasing patches. seriously! or release a BETA patch mid-january so we can get the gameplay ironed out then release a patch in february with fixed gameplay from BETA testing AND the transfers!

city RUINS the game.

SI need better testers before releasing patches. seriously! or release a BETA patch mid-january so we can get the gameplay ironed out then release a patch in february with fixed gameplay from BETA testing AND the transfers!

agreed. what a joke. not good at all.:mad:

ive had some seriously silly transfers in this game. and yes im patched!

The same thing is happening on my game with van der vaart madrid sold him to liverpool for 9m, madrid bought him back the next season for 19m and know hes back on the transfer list for asking price of 7.75m all in the space of 2 seasons.

Hi everyone

I am currently playing as Man City and every couple months the chairman provides a cash injection but the transfer budget remains unaffected any ideas why?

I have already done budget adjustments to increase transfer funds but i have no money left and am just approaching the transfer window.

Any help would be appreciated

It's not just man city who are crazy, I've managed to sell 30 yr old Mascherano's and Torres's for 35 and 50 million respectively. Once clubs become richer in the game they start to do the same stupid things, it's just that man city are doing it from the off

btw Rooney's toenail: a cash injection means he's increasing your balance, not your transfer budget.

It's not just man city who are crazy, I've managed to sell 30 yr old Mascherano's and Torres's for 35 and 50 million respectively. Once clubs become richer in the game they start to do the same stupid things, it's just that man city are doing it from the off

btw Rooney's toenail: a cash injection means he's increasing your balance, not your transfer budget.

In fairness, with inflation those prices really aren't that bad. Transfer fees and wages will always be going up. Players nowadays are getting paid up to and above £150,000p/w; ten years ago that would've seemed insane...

I disagree i think we have reached the apex of player wages and transfer fees, expect them to come down really fast. I think Newcastle summed it up the best when they were asked what they offered owen, clubs cannot pay £100K a week any more, even though a lot are stuck with players like that for now, just awtch what they get offered when there contract needs renewing.

Archived