why?????

This has happened to me at least 3 times this season.......and I've almost chucked my laptop down a flight of stairs because of it.

I get 14 shots, they get 4.

I get 6 on target, they get 2

I hit the woodwork 3 times, they hit it

Just about every shot of mine hit the keeper in the face, hits the woodwork, or skies over. I had 3 one on ones.......3 clear cut chances.....I score none of them. They score on two set piece flukes, one of which off of a long throw. 0 clear cut chances.

My team is favored 2-5.....

And yet, I lose 2-1.

I don't get it, I create all the chances, and I can't score.

why?

(and yes, this is probably just a pointless whine, but I would like someone to help me. I'm using a 4-4-1-1 formation from the TT&F that I have tweaked, and pushed the wingers up.)

It happens to all the best teams. Strikers get the jitters against teams they really should beat, then they miss a few shots and their confidence goes to pieces.

What do you say in your team talk, before and after?

As for the other team, well their boss has probably told then they will likely lose but to go out there with no pressure. They can't do wrong so there's few nerves and it makes scoring easier.

Before a game I am expected to win heavily I will tell my players I expect a win. For individuals I tell them I expect a performance. If that hasn't done the trick by half time I'll try and boost confidence with 'we can win' or 'encourage'. Strikers, if they have poor ratings, will get a 'prove what you've got' (or whatever it is), and any midfielders playing well will get 'you can make the difference'. Sometimes being hard on them can have a very bad effect.

If you still haven't scored by about 70 minutes then bring on a young kiddy with something to prove. Sometimes he may just prove it.

Sometimes it is also worth a change in formation in the middle of the second half. Go very attacking and you may well take the opposition by surprise.

I'm no footballing genius by any degree, but give it a go, and if you have a change of fortunes thanks to me then I'll be glad for you.

You should go read the tactics forum too. There's some really great guys over there than know what they're talking about. Plus there's some great guides that may prove a lot more insightful than me.

Good luck.

you may have a point, as it was a rivalry game that they more or less choked during. I usually encourage them, but if they're underperforming I tend to 'expect more from them' at the half. I guess I'll try to coddle them more, as the team is 'ambitious'. I'm used to having a determined squad that I could get to play up to their potential by giving them the hair dryer treatment.

Thanks for the tips

you may have a point, as it was a rivalry game that they more or less choked during. I usually encourage them, but if they're underperforming I tend to 'expect more from them' at the half. I guess I'll try to coddle them more, as the team is 'ambitious'. I'm used to having a determined squad that I could get to play up to their potential by giving them the hair dryer treatment.

Thanks for the tips

If it's a rivalry game then 'for the fans' will often get them going.

This has happened to me at least 3 times this season.......and I've almost chucked my laptop down a flight of stairs because of it.

I get 14 shots, they get 4.

I get 6 on target, they get 2

I hit the woodwork 3 times, they hit it

Just about every shot of mine hit the keeper in the face, hits the woodwork, or skies over. I had 3 one on ones.......3 clear cut chances.....I score none of them. They score on two set piece flukes, one of which off of a long throw. 0 clear cut chances.

My team is favored 2-5.....

And yet, I lose 2-1.

I don't get it, I create all the chances, and I can't score.

why?

(and yes, this is probably just a pointless whine, but I would like someone to help me. I'm using a 4-4-1-1 formation from the TT&F that I have tweaked, and pushed the wingers up.)

I get the same rubbish too and this is me having Tevez, Rooney, Keirrison, Ronaldo and Aguero in the team. Loads of chances, but always going just wide, hitting the post or going straight at the keeper. I've had 14 draws in 35 games, because whenever I do manage to score a goal, the AI team immediately scores after, despite any tweaking of tactics or substitutions.

I've been following the CM/FM franchise since the original CM 92/93 and have never disliked a release as much as this one. It's a shame, but hey, there's always my Xbox 360.

Archived