This has to be the silliest (and therefore the BEST) own goal I've ever conceded...

3rd round of the League Cup, we've drawn Arsenal away, and seeing as neither I nor the board care much for the competition; I give some "other players" (you understand) a run-out.

I fully expect to lose, and I want to go out of the competition so long as it's not too heavy a defeat.

In the first half, a ball is played towards my box and my keeper (Cavalieri) comes to meet it...

cavalierifx4.jpg

w800.png

(I have to break this up as it won't let me post them all at once, bare with me)

Went and continued there (to the post-match news screen), and on the match confidence it says "Supporter X feels the fans are still pleased despite the 1-2 loss to Arsenal"

I have to say I'm delighted by that. Is this new to FM? Do the fans now realise that the League Cup is unimportant to a team like Liverpool? Do they also see I played a reserve side against a full-strength Arsenal?

This sort of thing used to ruin my games. Well played SI :thup::)

As Leeds in League One the board did not think that the Johnstone's Paint Trophy was important and would not evaluate me on the performance in this competition.

Also in certain matches when I lost in a round earlier than the Board wanted the board understood why I had lost.

Archived