what team ru in fm??

People on here are basically every team under the sun for many reasons

They could be doing a challenge, they could be their local team or the team they support, they could be trying to build themselves into the next legendary manager and more!

Personally, i am liverpool because i supoort them in real life (a task sometimes)

Im a team called Redditch in the Blue Square North, I choose them cause I was bored with running a big club and wanted to make a team good. I finished my 1st season 1st when I was touted for relegation, I got no money so had to buy free players and loan players and need to stabilise finances (arrange friendlies againts big B teams like Barcelona, Madrid etc). I think playin as a lower leauge team is much better as it gives you more of a buzz. Also I new nothing about them as I support Newcastle and no nothing about them.

a career game starting with everton? icon_confused.gif

im currently eastleigh, starting in blue square south with i won first time round icon_smile.gif first season in BSP was great gunning for playoffs but slid of the pace last 10 games and sliped to 15th(still very good)

2nd season in BSP finished 7th 3 points of playoffs and currently now after 9 games won 8. 1 point clear with a game in hand icon_eek.gif

I always start with a small team and either build them up, or jump from team to team until I get a bigger team.

Normally I start as minnows Tamworth, but my latest game I started as MK Dons, got them to the premier division in straight seasons, but in the year I got promoted to the premiership, I got an offer I could not refuse from Aston Villa. Been with them for 5 years now, I am currently on a 77 league match run, with out defeat. It would of been over a hundred, but I lost a few matches at the start of my 3rd season.

Lower league is more fun, so I have added a second manager at Bristol City to try and build them up. Currently lying deep in the relegation zone of the championship having only won 2 games from 15. Despite that, I am having great fun with them, my team sucks, compared to the rest of the league, but we battle for every point and i am becoming pretty good at keeping their morale high, despite the string of loses. I just need to stay up this season, as I think my youthful squad is going to come of age.

Usually play as Norwich but this time round with 08 deciding to not manage them until such time as I can apply or they offer me the job, then I can take them up in the lague.

Currently stil at Boca icon_smile.gif

Started on patch 8.0.2 this week a new game with Newcastle United. Transfer budget £44m.(told board i would qualify for Europe through league position)

Still left with £20m budget and now in January 2008. After a slow start with a series of draws & losses got most of the big team games over and done with. I'm now on a 10 game winning streak in the league and sitting in 2nd. place. Hopefully can hang on for a CL place or even a UEFA cup slot.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Lambs:

Lower league is more fun, so I have added a second manager at Bristol City to try and build them up. Currently lying deep in the relegation zone of the championship having only won 2 games from 15. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, you're really pushing the boat out on your enboldened lower league challenge by dropping all the way to the lowly Championship icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Lambs:

Lower league is more fun, so I have added a second manager at Bristol City to try and build them up. Currently lying deep in the relegation zone of the championship having only won 2 games from 15. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif whs

Wow, you're really pushing the boat out on your enboldened lower league challenge by dropping all the way to the lowly Championship icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

Wow, you're really pushing the boat out on your enboldened lower league challenge by dropping all the way to the lowly Championship icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif whs

sorry for double ost btw, i ****ed up icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cavo_900:

Im a team called Redditch in the Blue Square North, I choose them cause I was bored with running a big club and wanted to make a team good. I finished my 1st season 1st when I was touted for relegation, I got no money so had to buy free players and loan players and need to stabilise finances (arrange friendlies againts big B teams like Barcelona, Madrid etc). I think playin as a lower leauge team is much better as it gives you more of a buzz. Also I new nothing about them as I support Newcastle and no nothing about them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

damn you, i thought i was a genius getting them first with 1000-1 odds, its either the media underate them, lower leagues have got easier since the patch, or we're are both brilliant. ill go for the third

They were in League 2 when I added the manager, sorry I didn't make that clear enough, but at least it gave you something to Troll about.

Also try and read the part where I state I usually start as Tamworth.

And some wonder why this forum has such a bad reputation as being unfriendly.

They were in League 2 when I added the manager, sorry I didn't make that clear enough, but at least it gave you something to Troll about.

Also try and read the part where I state I usually start as Tamworth.

And some wonder why this forum has such a bad reputation as being unfriendly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was you who chose to thrust your opinion out as if it were fact, so much so that you had to put it in bold just in case people would struggle to grasp the point otherwise!

Each game is what you make it.

Just because you start at a high team, even the likes of chelsea or man utd, it doesn't mean you can't have a long and rewarding game.

On these forums its very noticable that some people seem smug that they only do lower league management, almost as if its how you 'should' play the game. It isn't. You can choose any team you like and play how you like.

Or you can do better. Win more Champion leagues than just the one. Develop a new generation of talent through the academy and youth players a la Beckham, Scholes et al.

Every club has challenges. Obviously if you start at the bottom its going to be more difficult, I don't deny that.

As an Everton fan, if I were a professional player (I'm not as unfortunately I'm crap) I would love nothing more than to play for them. But that will never happen, so managing them on FM is the next best thing.

I'm not having a go at you or anything, as I know what you mean about lower league managemnt and being more challenging. Brighton would have course be harder to achieve major success with than Everton. But my point is, success can be relevent. For you at Brighton, the aim is to achieve promotion, and build the club up, knowing it will take quite a while. For a Man Utd fan, its more about how much you can win per season.

Different aims, but still challenging.

It's your game, you paid your money; play it however you like.

Me, I like starting at the bottom and trying to work my way up. If you play with several leagues in several countries active, you can have a different experience every time. It's odd, but although Arsenal are my favorite team (and I always list them as such on my profile), I have rarely managed them in FM.

I play a variety of different savegames of different styles. Playing the same way every time I find very boring.

I like to start from the bottom sometimes, other times I don't.

To me starting in the lower leagues every game you play is utterly tedious because just as starting in the top league every game would be, you basically get a variation on the same experience each game - i.e. take your small team up through the leagues and either keep doing so with that team or move on to a different team and move yourself up the league pyramid yada yada. Always provides a good game, but like any other style, when you've done it once you've done it a hundred times. The teams change, the players change, but the aim is the same every time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jacknewthoughts:

atletico goianiense, brazilian division 3.

started unemployed! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I managed in Brazil back when playing FM06. My recollection is that, even at lower levels, everyone has really great skills. Made it kind of fun.

Started a new game as MK Dons in League Two (8.0.2 Patch)

Applied for a Parent Club and i had the choice of either Arsenal or Watford so unsurpsingly went with Arsenal and brought in HÃ¥vard Nordtveit, Nacer Barazite & Rui Fonte on Season Long loans also got Stevenage as my Feeder Club.

So far brought in John Curtis, Jody Morris, Kémoko Camara & Romuald Boco all out of contract aswell as Edu Caballer from Villarreal on a Free Transfer and signed Tawonga Chimodzi (Santos F.C.) £10k, Peter Sweeney (Leeds Utd) £140k & Fikru Tefera (SuperSport Utd) £60k.

Currently 1st in League Two Won 19 Drew 5 Lost 3.

yeah i wont manage a great many teams - the only teams i have ever completed a season with are my beloved arsenal, stevenage, valencia and barcelona. I have completed games as nations too, actually found i was rather good at international management, taking belarus to world cup quaters, togo to 4th place in the world cup and 2 wins over brazil as well as an african nations cup win, ivory coast to 4th place in the world cup and england winning the euros. I have also won the world cup with france, beating russia 2-1 in the final.

Playing as Leeds. Trying to bring European glory to Elland Road.

Good choice I thought as the 15 point deduction makes the first season interesting. I'm in my 5th season and in UEFA cup via intertoto. Also got my board to improve training and youth facilities every year and have just got the top facilities now so am hoping to grow some local talent and see if I can create any superstars.

And I dont support Leeds btw... icon_smile.gif

I'm with King's Lynn (put them in conference south with editor) as they're the nearest team to me at that lower level and they have a few ex Norwich players in their ranks which makes it a little more interesting for me.

When it comes down to the LLM vs top team debate I have to say there is something satisfying about starting at the bottom and trying to work your way up.

I like to play conference south teams but felt the need to take on my team this time. One of the funnest games I ever played was as an unknown team named Skarp in Norway. No money, no hope, pants players...but it felt good when I got out the bottom league and managed to stay out.

The only thing I do find unrealistic is when a manager will find success buying players they have heard of from real life rather than through in game scouting. I don't believe anyone can claim success unless they have followed the restraints of the real world. I'm sure most of the posters who claim success have used the player search function.

Currently in my save games.

Man United: Never been used since I started it. It's there just incase.

Moron: iseemonsters small club to big club South America ("dafuge") Challenge. Argentina.

Montrose: Unrealgod's Scottish "dafuge" Challenge

San Marino (Club &Country: Ter's San Marino Double Challenge

Busan Transportation Corporation: March Challenge

Small club to big club's are fun. I think I tend to struggle more with the big teams for some reason.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Gateshead 'cos they're the closest team to me in real life </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How'd you manage that? Gateshead aren't even in the football league. Did you start unemployed and they got promoted or did you use an editor?

The only reason I ask is that I would like to try them myself but really don't want to cheat by using an editor.

Archived