The 'Will my computer run fm09?' thread + system building advice.

Hello, I started this thread to help those who are struggling to run the game and need help determining how the game will run, or what would be best to make the game run more smoothly.

To begin the minimum requirements are.

Mac System requirements

The game is currently only being supported on Intel Mac's only, and the minimum requirements are - OSX 10.5.5, Nvidia Geforce 7300 / ATI X1600 Radeon. 1GB RAM.

PC System Requirements

OS - Windows Vista or XP

Processor Speed - Vista - 2.0GHz, XP - 1.4GHz Memory - Vista - 1GB, XP - 512MB Videocard - 128MB Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.

For those wondering what their computer specifications are.

Click on start, then run and type in dxdiag and press enter. You'll see the processor in your computer and the amount of ram, and if you click on the display tab it also shows you your graphics card.

Video card drivers

A driver is a program which allows the videocard to communicate with the operating system, update your video card drivers to ensure a videocard works correctly, sometimes drivers offer improved performance.

For Nvidia cards - http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk

For ATI cards - http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.HTML

Useful programs to ensure a system runs smoothly.

Defraggler, open source defragmenttion that does a better job then the built int windows solution. http://www.defraggler.com/

Ccleaner - Clears temp files and other things that can clog a system up. http://www.ccleaner.com/

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well lets start then to specify the specs (that is the mimimun we can do):

Mac System requirements

The game is currently only being supported on Intel Mac's only, and the minimum requirements are - OSX 10.5.5, Nvidia Geforce 7300 / ATI X1600 Radeon. 1GB RAM.

PC System Requirements

OS - Windows Vista or XP

Processor Speed - Vista - 2.0GHz, XP - 1.4GHz Memory - Vista - 1GB, XP - 512MB Videocard - 128MB Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.

Personally, I would recommend more RAM than the minimum listed above.

There's the method of using an usb memory stick in 'speed boost' mode where the computer utilises the memory there instead of using virtual memory on the hard drive. I can't vouch for it's effectiveness as I have plenty RAM but in theory it should make a difference.

Sorry just to ask the question,

How can you get more RAM Without buying it, how do you free up things as such, My fm is just so unbeliavbly slow, takes like an hour to do a week, and it means although i used to be a daily player, at the moment i hardly play it.

I'm short on cash so buying isn't really an option?

My Gb is 0.99!!

hey guys, thought id post this in here as it seems more to thepoint of my problem

fm09 wont autorun or start at all when i put it in the D: Drive, & when i go 2 explore it nothins shows up at all

any help would be awsum

cheers

This might seem an obvious question, but are you sure you have a dvd drive rather than just a cd drive?

Sorry just to ask the question' date='

How can you get more RAM Without buying it, how do you free up things as such, My fm is just so unbeliavbly slow, takes like an hour to do a week, and it means although i used to be a daily player, at the moment i hardly play it.

I'm short on cash so buying isn't really an option?

My Gb is 0.99!![/quote']

How I usually go about cleaning a system out is getting a program called Hijack this, which gives a list of all the processes running, and can also be used to weed out all the critters, if you get it, run it and paste/attach the log we can weed out the stuff you don't need in the system. (As well as any spyware/critters that need getting out!)

Something to keep in mind. RAM is not the only factor that will determine how fast FM will run on your machine. Think of RAM as the space on your office desk or your work area. The more RAM you have, the more space desk you have to work with (ie. more windows open, more tasks, etc).

FM is a game that requires a sufficient processor in order to get a smooth performance. You should be looking at dual core processors, not single core. The threading option in FM utilizes both cores and significantly increases the speed at which FM is processed. The easy way to think of this is; 2 hands get things done faster then 1. Apply that to the processor scheme and you should be able to make the decision yourself.

Edit: Peter-evo, you're in good hands with that machine.

Something to keep in mind. RAM is not the only factor that will determine how fast FM will run on your machine. Think of RAM as the space on your office desk or your work area. The more RAM you have, the more space desk you have to work with (ie. more windows open, more tasks, etc).

FM is a game that requires a sufficient processor in order to get a smooth performance. You should be looking at dual core processors, not single core. The threading option in FM utilizes both cores and significantly increases the speed at which FM is processed. The easy way to think of this is; 2 hands get things done faster then 1. Apply that to the processor scheme and you should be able to make the decision yourself.

Edit: Peter-evo, you're in good hands with that machine.

That is good to know. Dual Core runs much faster than my single core desktop.

Didn't want to make a new thread, so I might aswell post this in here. Will this laptop run FM09 smoothly?

Dell 1545

Intel Core Duo T5800 (2GHz, 800MHz FSB, 2MB Cache)

3GB RAM

250GB HDD

Would you assume the graphics card to be alright aswell, just I can't see any mention of it on there?

The graphics on that system are just integrated which means pretty crap to be honest.It should run everything fine but I wouldn't be banking on smooth 3D performance (or maybe no 3D at all).

Remember that the graphics cards on Laptops can't be changed/upgraded at a later date.

On that link, right below the main specs there is a link that enables you to see the full specifications. From it, this is what I got;

Graphics Card Type: Integrated

No mention of the graphics component and that is not a good sign. Otherwise, the rest is a good setup for FM. I would look into a notebook that gives you the graphics component as that is something that cannot be (at least easily) replaced. Or try searching for that specific Dell model on the manufacturer's website and see if they have the graphics component listed. It is integrated and that isn't ideal, but it should suffice for a decent 3D performance as long as it has enough memory to run off of before moving on to RAM for usage.

For people asking how to free up space to make this(or any game)too run that bit faster,everyone's pc has a "defrag" make sure you run this at the very least once a month,it brings files together and free's up space,it doesnt cost you anything(except time,it can take a while if you have never ran 1 before)This is basically taking care of your pc and I would suggest everyone does it.

I need the processor as well.

Edit: The easiest way to find out the exact information is this.

Start > Run > type "dxdiag". Look at the properties where it lists your processor and RAM. Then, click on the Display tab at the top and look at the name of the device (first column).

Which Processor?

Sorry Im not good at computers!

systemhg4.jpg

It should look like that however it won't necessarily be the exact same information ofcourse.

WoW thats 1 of the biggest page file's I havce seen.....I take it you never monitor that or change it.

FootyKing, from what you've given us so far, your RAM is enough, however your gameplay will seem on the slower end if you load several leagues as that processor is a single core and a game like FM needs as much processing power as it can get.

With that said, those specs should allow you to run the game, however the graphics component is important as well and without that, can't really make the final say.

Edit: Daylight, I've got plenty of space to work with, so I could care less. That and I just don't monitor it as it doesn't affect me performance wise. :)

Arkim...When I installed the game it was fine...But I always get the message "Failed to Set Graphics system"...I have tried everything on the thread but no use...I download the DirectX But All i get is flashing lights on the bottom right of the screen...Can you give me any help

^ That is going to be a major problem mate. That's an integrated chip and unfortunately it will do you no good. The chip and memory available (allocated to the chip) are insufficient enough to run the game. That is what's causing your inability to play the game. You should look into getting a dedicated graphics card that will allow you to run the game. However expect the graphics not to be great.

Edit: Another thing I can suggest is try installing the latest patch as that supposedly has fixed some compatibility issues. If that does not work, than either look into getting another computer or a dedicated graphics card.

Archived