Hmm... Work Permit help

right so ive been playing fm for a very long time now and something has happened which hasnt happened before and im not sure how to proceed!

basically i was bidding for a player i wanted about 7 days before transfer deadline, but one of the players i was selling transfer fell through so i had to withdraw my bid for him as i didnt have the funds, but i managed to scrape it together and bid again with about 3 days to go, he needs a work permit (first time had been accepted on appeal as hes a wonderkid youngster with like 4 caps) this time the decision was to be made on deadline day, it got rejected but said i could still sign him and i wasnt really paying too much attention so i just pressed accept but of course he doesnt have a work permit, so now how does it go from here... how is he supposed to get one? nobody will take him on loan because he has only just joined the club, i do not want to have to wait for 1800 days for him to get citizenship, he is in the brazil squad and has recieved 4 caps (is usually a sub right now as he is only 19)

will they re-assess it in january? some quick help would be good so i can somehow look to make amends and get the process started asap :) thanks

There are three options.

1) loan him out to affiliate club in an EU country to bypass the work permit and allow him to play games

2) hope he plays for the international side without playing in your starting team

3) sell him

I think it gets reassessed when you offer him a new contract. Other than that, you'd need an affiliate where he can get EU citizenship quickly.

this guy got it, just offered him a new contract of the same terms and he accepted of course and can now play :) thanks mate, time to get my twice european champions reading but never higher than 4th in the league to actually win the league now lol

Archived