Player demands money to move!

I did a search but i didnt get anything to match what i was looking for.

Im trying to sell chris eagles. Hes now valued at 3.2m or something so i offered him out and Cardiff came up with the goods. I accept the offer, everything seems to be going fine, then this...

Now ive never seen this EVER and i thought it was a good little feature. Although it did do me out of 4 million because i was never accepting his demands in a millions years.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=r1lpmu&s=5

I thought i would share it with you :)

I've seen this before, and was recentley brought up on the forums. It's a nice feature, unless its you that has to pay the player.

Its a good feature and it probably is him who has to pay the player but it can work the opposite ways as well.

• 1 year later...

I sold one of my players who was on about 45k per week, he wanted me to pay 4k a week or he wouldn't move. Saved me a lot of money in the long run so went for it. Really like this feature.

Apart from my latest player I'm trying to sell, he wants me to pay 40k per week for him to move! No thanks..

Had this a number of times, and it is a good realistic addition (although not that new, definitely been around since 08 at least). Surely I'm not the only one that remembers that Leeds were paying half they're ex players heaps of cash for years afterwards. Robbie Fowler didn't get those houses with magic beans!

Yeah it has been around for quite a while. I would like to see it work the other way as well though - it is one sided as far as I can tell.

If a player is transfer listed or even if not and he wants more than you can offer him I'd like him to go to the AI controlled club and ask them to make his wages up. As it stands at the moment that doesn't happen and the player just rejects the contract as the wage is not acceptable.

Yeah it has been around for quite a while. I would like to see it work the other way as well though - it is one sided as far as I can tell.

If a player is transfer listed or even if not and he wants more than you can offer him I'd like him to go to the AI controlled club and ask them to make his wages up. As it stands at the moment that doesn't happen and the player just rejects the contract as the wage is not acceptable.

It does happen. I had Arsenal pay Vela and Wilshere 60k a month for me when I was at Utrecht.

happened to me a few times (been in a few versions of the game) and is a nice little feature, especially when getting rid of those guys who never seem to leave and just eat up funds.

p.s. your link in the OP didn't work, although i did get an image of the guy from home improvement on the first page (no not tim allen) :D

it recently happened to an argentinean player in brazil. on the news it said that the club no longer wanted the player, but the player (who had a very large contractual salary) refused to accept any offers from clubs not willing to match the offer; so the club was at a loss of what to do with him.

in fm 2010 it works well but i have encountered a possible glitch:

i was selling a player for its value and an interested club opened negotiations with the player. however, the club offered the player EU 4000 pw less than his contract and the player said he would not go unless my club made up for the difference. now because his contract extended for another 4 years i refused to pay.

the other club was so interested though that it kept offering more money for him, but all at the same time negotiated the same amount of salary (EU -4000 in respect to his current wage) with the player; so i refused to compensante every time.

that is until the club offered around EU 6 mil over his asking price so i accepted to the compensation with huge profit for me.

the glitch is of course that the purchasing club should realise that it would have been much more advantagous for them to pay an additional 4k extra in the player's wage than an extra 6mil to me for his services.

I manage with an iron fist, hence if a player demands extra payment from me to move he can expect to sit in the reserves until he sees the error of his ways and gets so unhappy he just moves on without being greedy.

It may cost the club more money, but you can't buy principles! :D

I manage with an iron fist, hence if a player demands extra payment from me to move he can expect to sit in the reserves until he sees the error of his ways and gets so unhappy he just moves on without being greedy.

It may cost the club more money, but you can't buy principles! :D

ya but you see he is not asking for extra payment.

he is asking for his contractual wage with you to be honored by his future club (or the difference by you if the future club cannot afford it / doesn't want to pay it).

Sometimes this feature is ridiculous.

I had Coloccini out on loan first season (IIRC to Lyon or a club of similar stature) with a future fee set. The loaning club met the fee and offered him a contract. I thought 'great, that'll be his £78,000 p/w wages gone then'. But when it came round to finalising the move, he said he wanted me to pay him £65,000 p/w until his contract ran out (which was in a few years time!).

Happens every game. Same has happened with numerous players too. It could do with being looked at by SI I reckon

Thats a common feature basically if your trying to sell a player to a club who is offering him a lower wage, he will ask you to pay him a salary for the remainder of his contract with your team on top of what the new club is paying. I think this is a good implementation but I only agree if I need the transfer fee otherwise I decline and then put him in my reserves team ha ha ha :)

However, the feature seems to be a bit bugged :(

Last week I offered out a player worth 800k for 1m and some team came and offered that.

The player was 525k/year. A few days later he came back demanding € 520/year for the rest of his contract to leave :eek:

I thought, this greedy little bastard, but wth, it's still a million saved/made on a player I don't need. So I accepted and he left.

To my big surprise I saw that at his new club he agreed on a 8k/year (!!!) contract, i.e. indeed just made the same as before. I mean come on, what club would offer a million transfer fee and then refuse to offer a higher salary than that???

I've seen and experienced this.

And although this has worked for me... i'm not sure if it is a definite solution?! I may have just got lucky :p

Last time i had this i rejected his demands as many others have... Then i offered him out again and he didn't ask this time. Maybe the player learnt that i wasn't gonna budge and therefore accepted the fact that if he wanted to play he would have to take a pay-cut

Good riddance

I've had it happen with Villa. For example, sidwell earns £35k p/w, sold him but demanded £7k a week to move, good business, got rid of him. Then in another save as Arsenal Bendtner wanted £28k p/w to move!!! He was only earning something around £40k. The other club must've been offering a pittance!!!

But real life examples would be robbie fowler & Mark Viduka when they left leeds. Leeds were still paying 50% of their salaries

ya but you see he is not asking for extra payment.

he is asking for his contractual wage with you to be honored by his future club (or the difference by you if the future club cannot afford it / doesn't want to pay it).

I know, the player wants the difference between the contracts. But what I'm saying is that keeping the player is more expensive than selling him and paying some of his wages.

Yeah, I've just taken Notts County up to the Premiership (2018, took over in January) and decided to clear out a few unwanted players. A few of them demanded this but if they are going to be like that I will just put them on reserv duty untill their contract is up :D Quite honestly, it wouldn't be any good piece of business seeing as the transfer fee wasn't even that big to begin with. Sold Moutinho from Arsenal back to Sporting, and got the same thing there but I decided to let him leave anyway...that was the first time I ever seen this in FM/CM I think.

I tried to sell Yakubu to Lyon for £10 million, he was on 55k a week with me and would only agree to move if I paid him 46k a week until 2012 and it was the end of 2009 when I was doing the deal. That just didn't seem right so I kept him and sold him to someone else at the end of the season.

I tried to sell Ballack to Bayern and he wanted over 100k off me, i think they ask you to make up what they are on currently because the club they may move to is only willing to pay them less than there currently on

Happened to me loads of times. I always judge it on how well off my club are. If I am a rich club, I just accept regardless, as it frees up money on my wage budget that could go on someone else.

Archived