So there is no way?

For me to play FM 09 on my Dell Dimension 3100C with 236mb of RAM, 80gb hard disk and 16x DVD?

Cos I wanna know if there are any other solutions rather than buying a new computer or more RAM, if not then i'll have to take it back after exchanging it for the PSP version.

What I really don't understand is why did FM 08 work fine on my computer but now my computer's not good enough for the new FM?

Well, on the side of the box is the minimum requirements needed to run the game, and your computer doesnt match up to it. On that basis im going to say no! And creating more threads on the same subject is not realy going to help!

For the record, in the past, FM's used to be pretty low on the system requirement side. But as someone from SI said, eventually there comes a point where SI need to take a jump forward with their product, and unfortunately some people are going to get left behind.

If you only have 236mb of RAM (which confuses me anyway), then digging in your pocket and getting an upgrade for your RAM (about 20 quid) will not only allow you to run FM, but will greatly improve the rest of your system too.

I run 512 MB of RAM which does get me by at a decent pace (13 leagues, daily autosave, about a month in an hour or an hour and a half) — getting a bit more RAM will help, even if it is just the minimum required.

I always thought we had a crap computer and playing FM was much slower than everyone elses but we got the computer about 4 years ago and I think we need a new computer but with Christmas gone and the credit crunch, I think that's a no-go. I will ask my parent though because they're naffed off with the computer because it goes really slow sometimes that we should get some more RAM, how much will 1.5gb cost and where do I get it from? PC world?

Also, I only posted about this again to get more information mate and also I posted a similar thread pretty late last night so there werent many people on here so I thought posted it in the afternoon would give me more replies.

I always thought we had a crap computer and playing FM was much slower than everyone elses but we got the computer about 4 years ago and I think we need a new computer but with Christmas gone and the credit crunch, I think that's a no-go. Well I guess i'll have to take it back, cheers everyone.

You dont need a new computer, a 20 quid RAM upgrade would sort it! *bangs head against wall*

Well i've had a word with my parents and they understand that our computer is rubbish and they're happy to get more RAM for the computer :D Well that was easy, but now i'll be wanting for them to get this done which they won't sooooo... cheers Simon, Huwflet and everyone else!

Will PC World install the RAM for me?

You'd save a lot of money buying RAM from crucial. If you don't know how to install it there are loads of videos on youtube showing how it's done - It is not hard to do.

Also, you know you won't be able to get the 3d match engine on that pc yeah? I think you need at least a 128mb video card.

Yer I knew that :( How much is a 128mb video card?

Budget cards are dirt cheap but it might not be that simple. You'd have to find out if your power supply could handle it and if it can't then you'd have to upgrade that as well, and by the time you start upgrading everything then you are better off saving your money for a new pc.

Well i've gone on crucial.com and its scanned my system and it tells me I have 2 slots and each slot can only have up to 1gb of RAM in it so the maximum RAM for my computer is 2gb and that comes to a total of £18.39 which is pretty good I presume. But will this extra RAM definitely improve my computer and the speed of FM 2009?

Also, my RAM atm is actually 256mb not 236mb, sorry read it wrong, well i've got an eye test tomorrow :D

http://www.crucial.com/uk/systemscanner/viewscanbyid.aspx?id=590D2D2231D926C3

Well i've gone on crucial.com and its scanned my system and it tells me I have 2 slots and each slot can only have up to 1gb of RAM in it so the maximum RAM for my computer is 2gb and that comes to a total of £18.39 which is pretty good I presume. But will this extra RAM definitely improve my computer and the speed of FM 2009?

Vastly. :thup: Although I am amazed it is so cheap .. sure thats not £18.39 per stick and minus VAT?

For me to play FM 09 on my Dell Dimension 3100C with 236mb of RAM, 80gb hard disk and 16x DVD?

Cos I wanna know if there are any other solutions rather than buying a new computer or more RAM, if not then i'll have to take it back after exchanging it for the PSP version.

What I really don't understand is why did FM 08 work fine on my computer but now my computer's not good enough for the new FM?

No way buddy, need at least 512mb RAM as previously mentioned and FM08 may have worked but FM09 has far more data to process (3d match engine etc.) so more RAM is a necessity.

I'm with the dudes suggesting you replace it.

All this twittering about RAM is for nought if that thing is packing the Celeron core I think it is.

Celeron wont make a difference, it will still run on celeron unless its packing a 500mhz processor which i very much doubt it, RAM is all he needs.

Celeron wont make a difference, it will still run on celeron unless its packing a 500mhz processor which i very much doubt it, RAM is all he needs.

Yes mate, my processor is 2.8 whatever units it is. Thanks everyone, will be getting more RAM at the weekend and so will hopefully get QPR to the Premiership by the end of Jan ;) But then i'll have to start again as QPR will get new players in January such as Routledge lol. Well I take back what I said about Sports Interactive it was the heat of the moment and now because of you guys (computer whizzes ;)) I will be able to play FM 09 and without your help I would've took it back to GAME.

Again thanks a lot!

Yes mate, my processor is 2.8 whatever units it is. Thanks everyone, will be getting more RAM at the weekend and so will hopefully get QPR to the Premiership by the end of Jan ;) But then i'll have to start again as QPR will get new players in January such as Routledge lol. Well I take back what I said about Sports Interactive it was the heat of the moment and now because of you guys (computer whizzes ;)) I will be able to play FM 09 and without your help I would've took it back to GAME.

Again thanks a lot!

Or if you use an editor to edit real transfers in game such as FMRTE (football manager real time editor). Ive never used it but assume this could be done?

Archived