A Nice Little Idea for future FM: Opposition Instruction Presets

Basically, what I mean is the abililty to save a set of Opposition instructions against a "position". For example, in nearly all of my games against a 4-4-2 side, I "close down" and "push onto weaker foot" both strikers, and all 4 midfielders, along with just "pushing onto weaker foot" their fullbacks if attacking.

I'd like to be able to save this preset, and simply load manually on the opposition instructions screen. I'm not giving my individual players direction, but simply stating what my team should do as a whole against these players (or for me, positions).

Obviously when the opposition changes their formation you'll have to adjust, but guess what, you could just load your "opposition preset for 4-5-1" and away you go for example? You could also continue to manually change the instructions.

Anyone else think something like this could be handy?

I'M IN!!

Yeah. It's pretty tiresome doing these instructions 45 times a season.

Or if you could save your OI like you'd save a tactic you've tweaked. I'm thinking:

'Fast Striker' = Tight Mark - never, Close Down - always, Show Onto - weaker foot.

'Target Striker' = Tight Mark - always, Close Down - always, Tackle - hard.

You could just apply these saved OI to each opposing player and save yourself a few minutes. :)

Chewy - not a bad idea but I was going for something more global. Say opposition is playing 4-4-2. you set your OI to what you would normally for an "average" 4-42 side for instance....then save it and apply everytime you play that sort of team...there might well be some tweaking each time, but at least you have a framework from which to build and not starting from scratch again.

Andre - that's the general idea. With the ability to save (for instance you could save some OI for particular team types/formations/flair players/wide or narrow teams...the list goes on)

Thanks for the support guys - glad it's not just me!

I am waiting for a negative post in which somebody mentions the fact that "each game/team is unique". Since that hasn't happened yet, I'll combat it now anyway. Whilst each team is unique, you still, as a manager (as I have been only of a lowly sunday League outfit!) tell you players to close down the wide men and, on shorter pitches, get tight on the middle men too.

I don't see how anyone can be opposed to these ideas. :)

If you have both strikers set to "show onto weaker foot", and then you face a world class striker with "very strong" on his right, and "fairly strong" on his left, your defenders will give him space on his left foot and guess what, boom your down 1-0. That's why I don't do it unless they have a really weak foot.

oh and I forgot to add something else.....if FMxx saw the OI as set by position and not player, it would be nice if the instruction was retained when said player is substituted. Example.....as Villa whilst playing against Arsenal, I had their MR (Ramsey) to show on weaker foot abd close down.....they subbed at HT and brought on Walcott....I still want the same to happen in order to attempt to stop crosses, but no, I have to reset....I suppose that's down to how I view the game (key highlights) and somebody watching a full game or extended highlights would pick that up easier?

I would like an option where u could put in watch so and so's run as i set close down and show on to weaker foot for ronaldo but Hutton always lost the run, where if you could set hutton orWoodgateto watch the run of ronaldo it would cut this out

Also i think the idea of pre set instructions against oposition is great

yup andre....a lot of rather "troll like" threads recently....I do however think people should be able to complain - some people take it a tad far and maybe that has added to spread the cancer around the forum enough to disuade SI from perhaps being as active on the board as they used to be.

'tis a shame.

Archived