Lost CD

My hard drive died a couple of weeks ago and i had to replace it, losing the install of FM on the pc. I've since got everything put onto this new hard drive, however i cannot for the life of me find my FM09 cd.

I realise this won't sound at all like i want it to, but is there anyway that i am able to either gain a new cd of 09 or even download an installer from somewhere (such as stream or whatever) without having to fork out the £35 i originally paid? I have the manual with my licence and know how many times the game has been installed/activated if that's information SI would need.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and apollogies if this has been posted in the wrong area.

Thanks.

wow that was some fast replies! Cheers guys, will download stream now, will i have to have stream running all the time to play FM? or can i uninstall it after fm's installed?

I think you have to have it installed, but there is a way of playing without Steam. Will try to find the link for you.

Edit: Look here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=63959

Any Steam game can be installed by just having the original CD key. Once you add a product entering the correct CD key, the game is just added to your account, and you can download it on any PC which has Steam installed by just logging in to your Steam account.

Thus, these days it isn't you disc (CD/DVD) that you should make sure to keep in a safe place, but rather your CD key, which would be well in a piece of paper inside a security safe :)

Just remember that nobody will be able to legally install the game if they steal your disc. However, they'll be able to install it and play it if they get their hands on your original key (tip: be aware of ANYONE who tries to take a picture of the back of your manual with his/her mobile phone's camera... hehe).

Yeah i realsied it was Steam sorry, must have caught the r by mistake.

Thanks for that link, will take a look once everythings installed.

The CD may have been left in the tower when i took it to be fixed, but the people that fixed the pc didn't mention finding the cd in there, and i got the same tower back, and couldn't find it :(

Thanks again guys, really appreciate it :D Hope you all have a good new year!

even if you install by steam, download with steam etc you don't need steam running to play - I did a very similar thing to what you're gonna have to do as my DVD drive on my laptop wouldn't read the disk. I went into Steam clicked 'authenticate a game with steam' put in my authentication code and it downloaded the game. I then closed steam and ran the game from /program files/steam/steamapps/common/football manager 2009/fm.exe et voila. I haven't run steam since

Archived