Windows Media Centre

Vista... It's not a massive problem, its just annoying and can't understand why it happens.

What version of vista are you using? I have home premium and have never experienced this issue. Do you have other stuff running at the same time as FM like media player? Perhaps this is why this is happening.

with me its not a problem, doesnt cause any trouble or anything, just means when i close down FM the box appears for it so i have to close it down...its not a problem with anything, doesnt cause the game to run slower or the laptop to do anything. like i said earlier it used to do it with FM08 so ive just got used to it now

Does this load up for anyone else everytime you exit the game?

I think you've done what I've done.

Go to C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 on your computer. Are there two identical FM icons, both blue with an orange 09 on?

One should be called FM, the other FM-MCE. I've been using FM-MCE and that seems to cause Media Centre to open in Vista (assume that's what the MC stands for, too). Just tried it with the icon just called FM, and Media Centre no longer loads on exiting the game.

Hope this helps.

Archived