Squad blending together - how long does it take?

Im currently in March, first season with QPR and struggling in mid table.

Bought 11 players in august and none in january, the squad as well as the tactic are quite good for the championship but i keep being told they are still finding hard to blend together.

Id expect it'd be better after Xmas but still the same....

Is that gona change next season? How many new players shall i look to bring in? Id say no more than 4/5 or im never gonna be fighting for promotion.

Thanx

Like Micado said, a factor towards this the language barrier, and another one is if the player has a different personality compared with the rest of the squad. So if a players personality is light-hearted but your squad personality is determined for example, it will take longer to blend.

Thanks lads,

I kind of guessed the same stuff you are saying....

Most of my players also speak a different language which surely doesnt help.

Some of them were signed in August and still dont even have basic english in March, perhaps i should sack a physio and hire an english teacher instead.

Well, im just gona be careful in the next transfer window, i'll try to sign no more than 4/5 players and make sure they all speak english. I'm sure im gonna be top of the table next season ;)

What do u think ?

Cheers

Maybe not as many as 25 but at least 5/6 of my ideal regular first 11 still dont speak any english, even as basic!

I ended up 12th in the league and i worry next season is gonna be the same story.....

Can i do anything to help tp prevent this and finally be successful ? The squad is actually quite strong for the championship.

It's especially important at a time like this to keep them motivated via team talks and the media. You should always look to improve performances via the media, and in this case, a motivated side are far more likely to gel. Keep morale high. Maybe see about adding coaches to work as "translators" i.e. sign a coach who speaks Russian and English to help that Russian settle in- that's helped for me before.

Buying to many new players, can cause an stir in the total squad. 4/5 new players is quit a change. Maybe you should be looking to spread your transfers over a longer period of time, especially when it's first team players your talking about.

Archived