Press conferences

Now that the dust has settle on this latest version of FM , i have too say im really enjoying the game for the first time ever im now watching the highlights, this 3d version is great. Just want peoples views on the addition of the press conferences. Do you find they have an effect or like me just distrupts the flow of the game, especailly when your answering the same questions time and time again, and do u think sending your assistant would make a difference.

Yes, I do think it would make a difference, others may differ.

The repetitiveness doesn't bother me at all. Pressing questions from members of the press fair enough, it's like real life isn't it allthough being repititive I do agree. However it can seriously effect moral, well I think it does. If you make the wrong choice, too much media light and all that jazz, bit I cannot resist at time commenting about something or other in the press/media comments.

I like this addition. I do.

But sending the assistant manager, nope . That's a no from me, some one mentioned in another thread his assistant manager kept storming off.

The worst thing about them is that the players only grasp one bit of it.

For example :

Giovannis contract is nearly up. I get two questions about it and reply that he is guaranteed the new contract he wants, and it'll happen as quickly as possible. I also get the default "how do you think you'll do?" question and answer the default "alright if we play well".

Now the squad react to the "how do I think we'll do" question because that always wins, but Gio has no reaction to, nor even notices, my comments about his contract.

And this happens with loads of them. Say we're going to win the league, that my striker will win footballer of the year, that my keeper is playing a blinder, nobody notices because I also said that I think we have a chance if we play well.

All my answers should matter. All of them.

Edit Oh and as for the "allotted time is up", I want to always have it, not only when there are only one or two left to ask. I've had some marathon conferences where I'm on Q10 or so without being able to say the time is up, yet other brief ones I can say it's up after 3 or 4 questions. It's my bloody time is up box so I should decide when time is up.

VB

I'm just 26 hours and 7 competitive games into FM 2009 and I think it is one of the best releases in years...

I've been playing this since CM 99/00 and the last 3 years have brought nothing much new. I think this years edition is brilliant... :thup:

Got it for Xmas and have hardly spoke to the wife for 3 days... keep sending the kids off to play with the Wii...

I think it will eat into more of my life than ever now as I find myself watching more of the games now in 3D and tinkering more...

Speaks for itself.. :)

I like press conferences, and always attend them when asked. I am a tad concerned about their effectiveness, though. As an experiment, I answered every single question in the most negative way possible, basically I said that we would be hammered in our next match, I had no confidence in the players, and I tipped someone else to win the league and us to struggle (this despite initially saying we would finish comfortably in the top half). Expecting a player backlash, I was astounded to find that half my squad were delighted with my answers!!

Maybe my squad were not too confident and my negativity lifted the pressure, but it did seem a touch bizarre.

Archived