Match engine is jerky

Your set-up is only just meeting the requirements by the look of things, and that's the problem.

Either disable the 3D view, or upgrade to a bigger/better graphics card. That's your only choice iirc.

fwiw, I can't watch 3D on my Laptop, but it's no great loss.

I get this sometimes when running a match. It usually passes however. May be something you just have to accept for a short while.

If it is continual then it is more likely down to additional programs or your computer specs. Any chance of you upgrading the RAM?

You are just about above the recommended system requirements so 3D may be problematic.

If you can upgrade to 2G of RAM then you could see a big improvement. That, and making sure you are not running any programs in the background should help.

How many leagues are you running too?

Oh, anti-virus programs can be a big issue as far as I am aware, too. Try disabling any scanning components and set FM to trusted.

P.S. I'm no computer expert by any means, but there's been quite a bit of advice posted on these forums and I'm just re-hashing it.

Check the technical assistance forums, too. You may come across some sound advice that helps you out enormously.

Try this site here:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

Just select FM09 from the list and then click "Can you run it", it will analyse your set-up and show exactly how highly you score in each area needed to run FM09. Then you'll know exactly what you need to upgrade.... :thup:

*If you are with Firefox, log out and enter again on Internet Explorer to do this test; for some reason, Firefox stalls

It runs fine on my laptop

helpful.

As everyone else has said, make sure its the only program your running.

Although, you have a better spec than me and mine works fine.

How many leagues you running/database size etc, as this may effect it. (just a presumption, i'm no expert)

Try this site here:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

Just select FM09 from the list and then click "Can you run it", it will analyse your set-up and show exactly how highly you score in each area needed to run FM09. Then you'll know exactly what you need to upgrade.... :thup:

*If you are with Firefox, log out and enter again on Internet Explorer to do this test; for some reason, Firefox stalls

Is it safe to give permission to download my components tho ?

I am running with the following:

Windows Vista

2gb dual core toshiba laptop

2gb Ram

Intel integrated graphics (shared).

The game runs really well. 3d is "slightly" jerky but nothing to worry about. I get slight what i can only describe as "clipping" which is a slight flashing glitch on screen. I exit from TV view and it disappears. I have turned off stadium and sky but didnt make any difference.

I am not finding it an issue though and can live with it as i have accepted that it is probably my graphics card. I am happy that it is running so well.

Hi, I have ran the systems requirements and I fail on Video RAM, would this be the reason that the match engine is jerky ? If so is it easy and any point to get upgraded to the correct Video RAM ?

Below is output from systems requirements.

AMD Turion 64 Mobile Technology MT-34

1.80 GHz Performance Rated at 2.25 GHz

959 MB

ATI MOBILITY RADEON XPRESS 200 (ATI Radeon Xpress Series (0x5955))

Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 64 MB

I think I may have already said this somewhere but 9.2 introduced (read: as in not present in 9.1) more glitching and stuttering to my 3d, and I am using a DX10 GPU with a 700 mhz core clock. So its not all down to hardware .. and I'm hopeful patch 3 will sort it.

Thanks for your suggestions guys

Graphics card at 128MB I think, although I don't have the box handy to check.

The system requirements are 128MB. I find it hard to think that the graphics card is the problem as the graphics that are used look like they are from fifa 97.

Try running 3D on low detail.

That was the first thing I tried. Thanks anyway

I remember someone saying hit the spacebar, can't recall if it was to do with your problem, and myself not using the keyboard I've no idea what it does.

Think it was PeterEvo who suggested it.

Archived