Steam,moonmats thread problems etc etc etc

I had planned on replying to the thread that was just closed a few minutes ago, but steam is slowing my computer down so much it ws locked before I was able to.

I haev been trying to play the game for the last two hours and still havent been able. I activated it yia steam because the number provided to activate by phone cant be called from mobiles in Ireland. I created a shortcut which I click on whenever I want to play the game. A box pops up where one of the options is to stay offline - which I click. Then I click the next option wich is launch game.

I have being doing that ever since I bought the game....until this evening.

When I click it now it comes up as "preparing to launch". I sit and wait for half an hour while its updating or something, then it tells me the game is unavailable try again some other time.

The thread I refer to Marc ( I think) said that you can just uninstall steam and play the game normally - why then does it always go through steam when I click the FM shortcut (wont it come up as unavailable or try to bring me through the whole registration process again)? I want to know for definite that it wont ruin my game if I do uninstall.

I have tried the instructions in one of stickys at the top of the page but the file given isnt appearing on my computer.

Archived