relaying the pitch...

i'm managing Newcastle, and was taken over by a saudi billionaire mid way through my 1st season. since then i have been given essentially unlimited transfer and wage budgets, the stadium has been upgraded and the training facilities are top class....but they refuse all requests to relay the pitch which changes from average to poor as season progresses...

seems a bit unrealsitic i would have thought, i mean it definitely isn't for a lack of funds and i have tried asking at many different points of a season, including the end. any thoughts on why this would happen...wouldn't go as far as to call it a bug but it's not realistic...

Does it affect your play at all? If you play an Arsenal-style passing game then i'd imagine it does but if you play a more direct/long game, i'd think twice before getting it relayed. Afterall, it would make no difference to your team but the Arsenal's and Man Utd's of this world might struggle on it. :D

Unless it causes more injuries or something. I dunno, my pitch (with Newcastle) has not dipped below "Very Good" in 4 seasons so i cant really comment.

my overall style is mixed...my central defenders and defensive central midfielder are set to short passing, my full backs, attacking central midfielder and forwards and are mixed, my wingers are direct. my central defenders in particular often lose ball in own half and i reckon it might have something to do with it....only speculation of course as i watch in 2d, can't stand the 3d until they smooth it out alot more

Archived