WTF is this nonsense all about FFS?! "Simply follow the simple onscreen instructions"

My arse.

If there are 3,000 threads on this topic I don't care. WTF is Steam? Why do I have their icon on my desktop and in the workbar at the bottom? Why did I have to create an account? Are they going to irritate me with e-mails and that? I know you guys got piracy problems, but do one. If I have to use that peice of **** every time I install a patch....and if there's a Steam tie in next year i'm out.

Seriously.

And does the product code have to be 25 characters long?

My fm only works when im connected to the net and i have to use it via steam

And i agree steam is poo

So uninstall it then re-install it and use UniLoc instead of Steam. Simple. :)

You would probably have to download the patches again separately though.

Wtf is UniLoc??????

See this is the problem. I'm not computer literate. I use computers to send e-mails and play poker and play FM09. THAT'S IT. So all this is just plain lunacy speak for me I can't make head nor tail of it.

I think playing a game should be easier.

I tend to agree with you. Its not easy for non-computer types. There should perhaps be some information, with simple instructions as to how you install the game/register and so on. Some reasoning behind these systems would be useful too. Maybe next time.

There is no 360 FM09 version though ;)

Wtf is UniLoc??????

See this is the problem. I'm not computer literate. I use computers to send e-mails and play poker and play FM09. THAT'S IT. So all this is just plain lunacy speak for me I can't make head nor tail of it.

I think playing a game should be easier.

You dont need to know what UniLoc is. I dont even know myself exactly but it doesnt put anything on your computer unlike Steam so you're using it as a one-off when you install the game.

You probably could have had it installed and started by time these posts have been made though. :D

It amazes me how many idiots simply click through the install setup without reading anything that it says.

So many damn people keep missing the fact that you can select another method of install that ISN'T steam.

SI, can you please stop selling the game to people like Moonmat here who obviously have a problem reading the install screens.

My arse.

If there are 3,000 threads on this topic I don't care. WTF is Steam? Why do I have their icon on my desktop and in the workbar at the bottom? Why did I have to create an account? Are they going to irritate me with e-mails and that? I know you guys got piracy problems, but do one. If I have to use that peice of **** every time I install a patch....and if there's a Steam tie in next year i'm out.

Seriously.

And does the product code have to be 25 characters long?

Steam is an online content provision service used by about 11 million people.

You have their icon on your desktop because you chose to use it when installing FM09.

You need an account to run the game through Steam having chosen to use it.

You don't have to use Steam at all once the game is included.

The last comment is your choice.

I tend to agree with you. Its not easy for non-computer types. There should perhaps be some information, with simple instructions as to how you install the game/register and so on. Some reasoning behind these systems would be useful too. Maybe next time.

Fair point about needing more instruction - that's already been noted for whatever we do next.

That said - it's no harder than the actual PC install process is if you just follow the instructions on the screen.

Archived