Idea for FM2010: Competetion Rivals

Just been thinking, sometimes when I start a league I am not very familiar with I don't know what teams are my main competition.

Therefore...

Just like the fierce and other rivals section there can be a list that shows the variable rivals for each competition.

For title challenging teams it could display other title contenders, for relegation battlers it could show fellow battlers, euro qualification spots etc.

Mid table teams may not have as many, if any.

Preferably for their domestic league at implementation.

It could add to the variation in press conference questions and match importance, as well as be a help to managers new to a league.

I do agree that there needs to be more mention about relegation-battlers and title-challengers in press conferences, but I think the prospect of clubs is handled by their predicted position in club -> information.

Leagues rarely seem to go with predicted position in my experience anyway. I am currently playing as Koper in the Slovenian league and the team predicted to finish top is currently battling relegation. The team predicted to be relegated is flying high.

Perhaps what is needed is an expansion to the question of 'who do you think will win the title'. Asking who might be relegated could be an addition as well as asking questions such as 'are you surprised such-and-such a team is struggling'.

There's certainly extra questions that could be added.

Go to one of the club's information screen - you will see the media prediction for that year - then use the tiny scroll arrows (in the default skin they are right at the very top in the middle), and 20 (or 24) clicks later, you know exactly who is predicted to finish where in the league, from which you can probably guess who are your rivals in the league ;)

Go to one of the club's information screen - you will see the media prediction for that year - then use the tiny scroll arrows (in the default skin they are right at the very top in the middle), and 20 (or 24) clicks later, you know exactly who is predicted to finish where in the league, from which you can probably guess who are your rivals in the league ;)

Here you can see it all.

When starting a new game, if you swtich to advanced mode (or how it is mentioned) you can see the league you have selected, then in alphabatical order the teams are listed, in here the media prediction and rivals are mentioned as well. Only when starting a new game.

Archived