Can a regen become a icon/legend

I am now in season 2024 with Darlington and I have never seen it. Has anyone else?

Seen plenty of favoured personel but no icon/legends.

I personally have not seen it but I dont see why it wouldnt happen, players are players, shouldnt matter if its a regen or a real life player, if he reaches icon status then it should be recognized.

I think this is simply to do with the new way club favourites are rated. There's a 'permanent' tick box option now, which I think makes the difference between fav and icon/legend.

As I don't think the game can add players as permanent, I doubt this would allow regens (or in fact real players who don't start in these categories) to become icons or legends.

Yes it can happen. I got a regen in my 2nd season, im now in 2026/27 and he is the clubs all time leading GS and rated as a 'icon' at the age of 44 and now a youth coach at the club.

One thing I think you should try: save game, fire that coach, see if he's still an Icon and then reload.

Just to see whether it's really permanent or only as long as he's in the club? :D

Can we as the manager become an icon? I have taken Hyde to PRM and so far that only rated a favoured personal spot for me. Interestingly, the club icon was BSN striker that only stayed with club for one season and held club record for goals scored. Players i have brought in since have eclipsed that mark many times but no one else gets to be the icon

Can we as the manager become an icon? I have taken Hyde to PRM and so far that only rated a favoured personal spot for me. Interestingly, the club icon was BSN striker that only stayed with club for one season and held club record for goals scored. Players i have brought in since have eclipsed that mark many times but no one else gets to be the icon

does anyone know the answer to this? Im interested to know if we can ever become icons or legends at our clubs!

Edit:sorry, just noticed the message was only posted a few minutes ago (i did a search for "club legends" before starting a thread about it and, when i saw this reply, i just assumed it was a post from a while ago)

Archived