Transfer budget greater than balance?!

Be carefull with spending in this case, if you don't generate any good income and it will be like stokes 83 mentioned, bye, bye and you will go into administration which can result in deduction of point and most/all of you players being sold for the small money.

It's just your board being irresponsible.

Irresponsible in what sense? Are they trying to encourage you to spend the money and bring in players due to their ambitions? Or they ust not smart when it comes to making a budget? (I find it hard to believe this happens ever IRL)

Well if this lad's team are bordering on a Champions League place then maybe his board think spending the £50m will cement their place in the top four, and they'll make their money back.

They obviously haven't heard of Leeds United though.

with Newcastle i have a balance of around 80 million and a transfer budget of around 150 million. if my balance goes low my lovely saudi arabian chairman simply throws another pile of cash into my bank account!

the advantages of having a tycoon takeover

They are expecting income over the course of the season. If you spend your 50 mil you need to make 30 mil in prize money and player sales. If you don't....bye bye.

Not in FM09, you are no more responsible for poor financial status of club, however if you he will spend all money he can go in administration as well as his board can sell his key players to repair budget ;D

Archived