Moving clubs when do you do it?

Started a game as Getafe mainly to test a tactic but after a few months in game I really enjoyed. 1st season came 6th, 2nd season won the league by 1 point ahead of Barcelona, 3rd season came 2nd 1 point behind Madrid, now in the 4th season looks like more of the same after drawing with Madrid at my ground I am 4 points behind with 10 games left and I am 12 points ahead of 3rd place so I reckon I will finish 2nd again.

With limited finance I have a pretty good team

GK Ustari

RB Pedro Lopez

LB Monzon

CB Cahias

CB Gioda

LW Aquino

RW Bojan

CM Bolzoni

CM Matias Fernandez

ST Higuain

ST Gignac

Unless I sell I wont make much money at all. So the question is do I stay and try and break Madrids dominance and take back my title, leave as this is as far as I feel I can take them or do both running two saves? I have only ever had a career game once in FM before, so am unsure as to leave or not. I can see me doing both and running another save being a team in another country.

So when do you leave clubs if at all?

if you get broed its time to look for pastures new lol.if you still find yourself thinking ill put it on when i get home and see what i can do then stay with who you are but if you fancy a challenge then with the reputation you would have built up youll be able to get a good start at another club,.

if you get broed its time to look for pastures new lol.if you still find yourself thinking ill put it on when i get home and see what i can do then stay with who you are but if you fancy a challenge then with the reputation you would have built up youll be able to get a good start at another club,.

Pretty much me too. If there's something left to work for that I can realistically achieve in 3-5 years I'll stay but if its going to take longer I'll get bored.

Usually if I get sacked, or because I've upped my reputation enough to be able to move to a higher level. That takes a while so I often stick around for a good few seasons. I've never really been overly successful in terms of league titles so haven't had the option to move on after getting as much success as I feel I can.

I've met good success with lower league clubs but that doesn't always equal the reputation needed to move up.

Have you tried starting lower down the ladder? Your preference seems to be for managing the bigger teams, and that is your prerogative, but maybe try something different and start at a smaller team.

It doesn't have to be lower league with dire finances and no hope either. My current game is with the Slovenian league and my aim is to be big in Slovenia and work my way up to be a big manager at a big club in a big league. It's bloody good fun atm. I like to think of it as the eastern Europe obscurity to western Europe glamour challenge.

I used to change my club when I got better offer at all :D I start unemployed every time so and my target is Barcelona ;D when I get Barcelona job I just work there until I will get sacked (never happened) or I just feel it's time to change club (bad results etc)

i started at Q.P.R and finished 14th, 12th, 10th, 9th and 8th in my first 5 seasons and then wanted to move up the ladder a bit so i applied for the blackburn and bristol city ( mid-table prem) and got sacked for it and i am now at cambridge :(

LOL :D sorry :o

I started playing as Zenit, and after winning 3 start Russian Premier League titles and a UEFA Cup, the management still wouldn't give me a raise and never made me more than stable or more than satisfied.

Whenever I asked for anything, they got ****ed off, and it ****ed me off. I should have been a hero to them :) I was making money and dominating.

Then a job opened up (Palermo), and I applied, and they got really ****ed and told me to resign. I refused to resign, and when another job came up, Portsmouth I applied again. I also applied for Sampadoria as well. Both times the management gave me a ultimatum to resign. The 3rd time I got fired. A few days later Portsmouth offered me the job and I accepted.

I find it very difficult to leave at all. Especially if I've built a successful, dominant team. Occasionally I have left then tried to break the dominance of my previous team, and invariably I end up with a lot of the same players I had before. It almost becomes like the same team, just playing under a different name, in a different town.

I leave when i feel i'm achieved everything i could with that club(just like the players :p). On my current game while at Parma, i have been offered several top jobs in Italy(Inter, Lazio, Juventus and Fiorentina) but rejected them because i still want to take my team to Europe at least once(this current season).

Not been playing my career game long, was at potenza in italy and got relegated when i took over as we were already in trouble however i won the league and serie c2 super cup the following season. I started the new season at potenza but soon realised i would be heading for mid table and that the third tier of italian football had a lower rep than league 2 and possibly even the conference so moved to bristol rovers after only about 2 years at potenza. Personally i'm a big fan of trying to stay for 2 seasons at a club one to stabilise then one to win promotion until i get to the top level.

Started a game as Getafe mainly to test a tactic but after a few months in game I really enjoyed. 1st season came 6th, 2nd season won the league by 1 point ahead of Barcelona, 3rd season came 2nd 1 point behind Madrid, now in the 4th season looks like more of the same after drawing with Madrid at my ground I am 4 points behind with 10 games left and I am 12 points ahead of 3rd place so I reckon I will finish 2nd again.

With limited finance I have a pretty good team

GK Ustari

RB Pedro Lopez

LB Monzon

CB Cahias

CB Gioda

LW Aquino

RW Bojan

CM Bolzoni

CM Matias Fernandez

ST Higuain

ST Gignac

Unless I sell I wont make much money at all. So the question is do I stay and try and break Madrids dominance and take back my title, leave as this is as far as I feel I can take them or do both running two saves? I have only ever had a career game once in FM before, so am unsure as to leave or not. I can see me doing both and running another save being a team in another country.

So when do you leave clubs if at all?

I try not too leave a club once I start a game unless I get sacked. I like to build a legacy with a club then have them eating out of the palm of my hand in the latter years.

I find it very difficult to leave at all. Especially if I've built a successful, dominant team. Occasionally I have left then tried to break the dominance of my previous team, and invariably I end up with a lot of the same players I had before. It almost becomes like the same team, just playing under a different name, in a different town.

This is exactly what I do.

Archived