The Official *Funniest Places Ex-Players End Up As Staff*

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also would like to add Joey Barton and Gary Neville are both managing non-league sides - Ashton Utd and Clevedon respectively. Elsewhere, Edwin van der Sar is a Goalkeeping coach at PSV, Dirk Kuyt is a youth coach at Stuttgart, Deco is a Youth coach at Benfica and Nuno Valente is a Youth Coach, at Northampton. Another funny one is that Jason Koumas is a scout at Manchester United

All the real players on my game have long since retired, so you'll just have to believe me when I say that Ronaldinho's first job in football after retiring as a player was as a scout at Sunderland, and that Michael Owen spent 10 years managing San Marino.

On 08 Darren Anderton turned into an absolutely phenomenal coach and stayed with my Notts Co side from League 2 all the way to our Champions League success in 2021.

In that same year Norwich City were relegated from the Blue Square Premier under the astute management of a certain Jens Lehmann.

Gerrard ended up as a coach at Liverpool and Lampard as ass man at Chelsea... which I thought was quite nice.

In my Indian adventure on FM07, I was very surprised to see Jammu & Kashmir Bank appoint Luis Figo as manager. I also got Christian Vieri as my assistant at East Bengal and the Indian national team was managed by Frank Lampard!

Those are all ridiculous! :D

In my Indian adventure on FM07, I was very surprised to see Jammu & Kashmir Bank appoint Luis Figo as manager. I also got Christian Vieri as my assistant at East Bengal and the Indian national team was managed by Frank Lampard!

I would be chuffed if that hapenned(Part Indian:D)

In my old Celtic save (pre 9.2 patch) my ass. man Garry Pendrey left to go into management, so I had to hire a new guy. Did it the lazy way and posted an advert for a new ass. man and the only applicant with decent stats was Frank De Boer, so i (very reluctantly) hired him, went on to get sacked and guess who ended up the full time Celtic manager....yep Frank DeBoer. Haven't been able to show my face in the Celtic forum since.:o

Here's a few I found in one of my old FM08 saves:

Sol Campbell - QPR manager

Damien Duff - Leeds manager

Patrick Vieira - St. Ettiene manager, with Sami Hyppia as assistant.

Frank Lampard - Wigan manager

Claude Makelele - Bordeaux manager

Olof Mellberg - Swansea manager

Raul - Real Betis manager

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Liverpool manager :D

Archived