Who should I get rid of?

I am approaching the end of my second season as Chelsea manager and the squad of 36 that I'll have by then is listed below. I play 4-1-3-2 and I'm using an update file. I'll want to ship out about 6 players from this list and I will then have whatever money I make off them plus another 20 million quid to spend. Which players would you ship out? Which star or two would you attempt to bring in? Just interested in other peoples' opinions.

G Cech

G Akinfeev

G Fabianski

DR/L Lahm

D/DMR/C Richards

DR Ferreira

DL A Cole

DL Garrido

DL Bale

DC Terry

DC Carvalho

DC Alex

DC Pablo

D/DMC Albiol

DM Essien

DM L Diarra

DM Muamba

MC Reo-Coker

MC Mikel

AMC Lampard

AMC Ballack

AMRC Gerrard

AMRLC J Cole

AMRC Maxi Rodriguez

AMLC Nani

AMLC Schweinsteiger

AMFRLC Kalou

AMFRLC? Babel

AMSC Anderson

F F Torres

F Pazzini

F Palacio

F Acuna

F Forlan

F Bendtner

F Drogba

Was going to evaluate the squad when everyone's together but was planning on probably selling Garrido or Bale, probably Babel, Mikel, maybe Kalou, Forlan, probably Drogba, probably Bendtner. What do you guys think?

I am approaching the end of my second season as Chelsea manager and the squad of 36 that I'll have by then is listed below. I play 4-1-3-2 and I'm using an update file. I'll want to ship out about 6 players from this list and I will then have whatever money I make off them plus another 20 million quid to spend. Which players would you ship out? Which star or two would you attempt to bring in? Just interested in other peoples' opinions.

G Cech

G Akinfeev

G Fabianski

DR/L Lahm

D/DMR/C Richards

DR Ferreira

DL A Cole

DL Garrido

DL Bale

DC Terry

DC Carvalho

DC Alex

DC Pablo

D/DMC Albiol

DM Essien

DM L Diarra

DM Muamba

MC Reo-Coker

MC Mikel

AMC Lampard

AMC Ballack

AMRC Gerrard

AMRLC J Cole

AMRC Maxi Rodriguez

AMLC Nani

AMLC Schweinsteiger

AMFRLC Kalou

AMFRLC? Babel

AMSC Anderson

F F Torres

F Pazzini

F Palacio

F Acuna

F Forlan

F Bendtner

F Drogba

Was going to evaluate the squad when everyone's together but was planning on probably selling Garrido or Bale, probably Babel, Mikel, maybe Kalou, Forlan, probably Drogba, probably Bendtner. What do you guys think?

I can't get rid of Ballack - nearly every attribute is 20! icon_smile.gif Also Diarra is looking awesome and has played great for me whenever called upon. In a prior game, he turned into a monster and was one of the best DM's in the game. Thanks for the info on Bale - his stats do look pretty bad so I'll probably offload him. Maybe Bale, Mikel, Kalou, Babel, Forlan & Drogba should go. That would leave me with 30 quality players and probably about 40-50m to spend. I could go after someone crazy that I've never signed before like Rooney or Messi or someone.

G Cech/Akinfeev/Fabianski

RB Richards/Ferreira

LB Lahm/Cole/Garrido

CB Terry/Pablo

CB Albiol/Alex/Carvalho

DM Essien/Diarra/Muamba

LM Ballack/Schweinsteiger/Nani

CM Lampard/Reo-Coker

RM Gerrard/Cole/Maxi

F F Torres/Palacio/Acuna

F Pazzini/Anderson/Bendtner

That looks like good cover at each position. Not really sure who's worth bringing in for huge money. Gerrard cost 26.5M. When you start getting into 30-40m, it's debatable whether it's worth it. Would love to get Robinho but he's gonna cost silly money like that. I just bought Fernando Torres in the January transfer window for 19m. He had been with Liverpool for a year and a half, played about 40 games (probably as sub) and scored 1 goal. I brought him on as sub at half time and he scored on his debut! icon_smile.gif

Archived