Will FM09 work on my PC need to know before i open the box!

Hi all

Just got FM09 but have seen that it requires a vid card that im not sure if my machine can run.

Im not fussed on the 3d match engine, have been very happy with the 2d so if you could tell me if my card is up to the job or not, that would be great. As i dont want to open the box then not be able to play it then not be able to take it back :mad:

My card is

Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series

many thanks

RAM seems to be the most important thing so it doesnt process slow or the match isnt to jerky. 1gb at least

I do have 1gb of ram.

I have Downlaoded the demo and the 2d works. Its a little jerky, but i can live with it (just)

So does that mean it will work on the full game?

I do have 1gb of ram.

I have Downlaoded the demo and the 2d works. Its a little jerky, but i can live with it (just)

So does that mean it will work on the full game?

Should do, though I reccomend upgrading RAM, it is very cheap and you will see an upgrade in your all round performance.

Should do, though I reccomend upgrading RAM, it is very cheap and you will see an upgrade in your all round performance.

Kewl

Now the tricky part, im no wiz kid on a comp, ....far from it.

How would i go about changing the video card and Ram. What sort of cost am i looking at, and is it a DIY job?

cheers for the great help so far

Kewl

Now the tricky part, im no wiz kid on a comp, ....far from it.

How would i go about changing the video card and Ram. What sort of cost am i looking at, and is it a DIY job?

cheers for the great help so far

Get over to crucial.co.uk which will run a test on your computer and then show you RAM that is compatible for your system and give you the chance to buy it. 1GB shouldn't be more than £30. It is easy to install but if you are completey clueless it may be best to get someone to fit it for you.

If you are not after 3D, a video card is not required.

Get over to crucial.co.uk which will run a test on your computer and then show you RAM that is compatible for your system and give you the chance to buy it. 1GB shouldn't be more than £30. It is easy to install but if you are completey clueless it may be best to get someone to fit it for you.

If you are not after 3D, a video card is not required.

I already have 1gb. should i look at getting 2gb.

Not worried bout 3d at mo, but may want it later so wanted to know which card i should look at and cost etc

If you fail to get it running I'll give you a tip on taking the game back - even if opened.

I recently bought Call of Duty 5 for my PC, took it home chucked it in and discovered it wouldnt work cos my graphics card was not too good. I called the shop where I bought it from who said as I had opened the box I couldnt return it - the manager of the store was very unhelpful and a bit rude....saying I should have checked the specs before buying the game. I am not a PC whizz myself and just happened to be walking past the shop and fancied getting a new game (FM09 was sold out), so I grabbed CoD.

The next day what I done is went to another store (same brand of shop) and took the game back and told the assistant that when I put the disk in I could hear it spinning but no option to instal it came up.....they happily changed it for another copy of CoD - obviously still a sealed copy.....took that back to the original shop (still had my receipt) and swapped it for another game - as they were still sold out of FM09 I picked up Need for Speed - but silly me didnt check the specs of that either, took that home and chucked it in my PC....again the graphics card wasnt good enough.....instead of doing the whole thing again I just gave Need for Speed to my mate as I was so cheesed off! Then went on to Steam and bought FM09!!!

So in a way it cost me about £65 for FM09!

Hope you dont have to go through all that though!!!

If you fail to get it running I'll give you a tip on taking the game back - even if opened.

I recently bought Call of Duty 5 for my PC' date=' took it home chucked it in and discovered it wouldnt work cos my graphics card was not too good. I called the shop where I bought it from who said as I had opened the box I couldnt return it - the manager of the store was very unhelpful and a bit rude....saying I should have checked the specs before buying the game. I am not a PC whizz myself and just happened to be walking past the shop and fancied getting a new game (FM09 was sold out), so I grabbed CoD.

The next day what I done is went to another store (same brand of shop) and took the game back and told the assistant that when I put the disk in I could hear it spinning but no option to instal it came up.....they happily changed it for another copy of CoD - obviously still a sealed copy.....took that back to the original shop (still had my receipt) and swapped it for another game - as they were still sold out of FM09 I picked up Need for Speed - but silly me didnt check the specs of that either, took that home and chucked it in my PC....again the graphics card wasnt good enough.....instead of doing the whole thing again I just gave Need for Speed to my mate as I was so cheesed off! Then went on to Steam and bought FM09!!!

So in a way it cost me about £65 for FM09!

Hope you dont have to go through all that though!!![/quote']

LOL, thats some long arse system my friend.

Well good news, FM works fine with my comp, only downside is i cant use the 3d, only 2d, but i can live with that. Runs pretty quick , i have 4 nations with 2 leagues from each.

Archived