Show onto weaker foot as default

Why isn't show onto weaker foot set as the default in opposition instructions, generally that is what footballers do, also assistant will tell you to do it if you haven't.

Could it be changed for a future patch?

Its just such a pain clicking show onto weaker foot for every player and sub in each game

or set it so that it automatically sets instructions according to the formation, even if it changes during a game, for example if they change to a formation using wide players i want them to be closed down all the time without having to change back and forth, especially as the time for tactical changes to take effect can be so slow

Personally I wouldn't do that to anyone. I have watch it closely in the match and notice it is quite dangerous to use it against player in the centre, like AMC and ST. Because when you set it to "Show onto weaker foot" your player will give room to the opposite player to play on his suppose weaker foot. If that player is not actually that much weaker on that foot then what you are doing is to allow him space to do stuff.

So unless the player is Right-only or Left-only (or play in a wide position), i would aviod using that instruction.

What if I have two giants in the middle of defence and the opposition has two nippy strikers who aren't going to win an aerial contest but are probably better on the ground? Why would I want the opposition wingers to be automatically set to their weaker foot? I'd want them crossing, not cutting inside.

Personally I wouldn't do that to anyone. I have watch it closely in the match and notice it is quite dangerous to use it against player in the centre, like AMC and ST. Because when you set it to "Show onto weaker foot" your player will give room to the opposite player to play on his suppose weaker foot. If that player is not actually that much weaker on that foot then what you are doing is to allow him space to do stuff.

So unless the player is Right-only or Left-only (or play in a wide position), i would aviod using that instruction.

Correct , you don't use that , unless you want to "coral" them moving into certain direction. Otherwise it can create huge gaps in your defensive formation.

Maybe that's one of the reasons(but not main reason) for defensive "meltdowns" that small number of people have according to their posts here on forums.

What if I have two giants in the middle of defence and the opposition has two nippy strikers who aren't going to win an aerial contest but are probably better on the ground? Why would I want the opposition wingers to be automatically set to their weaker foot? I'd want them crossing, not cutting inside.

You instruct your defenders to make wingers to end up running next to out line in case like that.

Example, if left footed winger is playing on left side , you should not use that(show onto weaker/right foot) because if you do , that will push him to cut inside (covering his left foot/side) with your FB stranded on outside. If winger is faster /or more agile then your FB, he will then have plenty of space to runaway from defender and create plenty of CCC's.

If left winger is right footed, they you should use show onto right , to keep him outside.

"Show onto " is more about positioning your defender to cover better, then about preventing opposition to shoot.

I agree there should be a "do it" button under the assman's suggestions.

Personally I don't want to save the OI of show onto weaker foot because the last thing I want to do is show a great player some space on his "weaker" foot when it is still rated as fairly strong.

You mean the same assman that tells you to, that you must close guy with crossing of 3 , because he's accomplished crosser. :)

Archived