Knowing a player from only FM and to see his real face on TV.

I usually say ah I know this guy and watch him more carefully especially if I ever bought him to one of my teams..

I must admit I sometimes get disappointed on how they look like icon_smile.gif Sometimes they are not as I imagined them to be.. hehe..

How you guys think?

I usually say ah I know this guy and watch him more carefully especially if I ever bought him to one of my teams..

I must admit I sometimes get disappointed on how they look like icon_smile.gif Sometimes they are not as I imagined them to be.. hehe..

How you guys think?

My assistant manager spoke to the press after the West Brom 0-1 Portsmouth game about how dissapointed he was that the referees bottled out of noticing the handball in the buildup to Pompey's goal icon_smile.gif.

There are many players who I see their names on FM and think them white, and they turn out to be black, or vice versa. Micah Richards, Leroy Lita to name a couple.

Breno looks the dogs bits. I must say I've never seen what half of my players look like. Might do a google image search icon14.gif

Also, Wikipedia says Omar Esparza is a right side player, but FM says he is a left sided player. Who is right?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by canvey!!:

My assistant manager spoke to the press after the West Brom 0-1 Portsmouth game about how dissapointed he was that the referees bottled out of noticing the handball in the buildup to Pompey's goal icon_smile.gif.

There are many players who I see their names on FM and think them white, and they turn out to be black, or vice versa. Micah Richards, Leroy Lita to name a couple. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, Henri Saivet for me.

krancjar, useed to sign him on cm games

ederson (now at lyon on loan at renne i think)

freddy adu - what can i say

cristiano ronaldo!!!

simon davies ex spurs used to be the dogs

Illan

freddy gurain

freddy willam thompson

the list goes on and on

good trip donw memory lane!

I was exceedingly suprised to see what sidney govou really looked like after signing him on FM07. On the other hand this could have been because for some reason on my game his player pic showed a long haired white guy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rooney8:

Daniel Braaten when he signed for Bolton, looked nothing like thought he would </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHS icon_biggrin.gif and Balotelli as well icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Geoff Newman:

I've spent years trying to find what Anatoli Todorov (the CM 03/04 legend) looks like. I gave up a couple of years back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This the one?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TGD:

Mario Balotelli, I thought the guy was a white Italian then I see him on channel 5 banging one in and I see he was black. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly what i thought! I'm pretty shocked right now!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Mario Balotelli, I thought the guy was a white Italian then I see him on channel 5 banging one in and I see he was black. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly what i thought! I'm quite surprised!

I've found myself going onto youtube quite frequently to search for any videos of players that I've signed. Especially ones that I've never seen play obviously. But I wouldn't say I've ever been disappointed with their looks. I've been surprised a few times though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goodzorr_avfc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by canvey!!:

There are many players who I see their names on FM and think them white, and they turn out to be black, or vice versa. Micah Richards, Leroy Lita to name a couple. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, Henri Saivet for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jorge Andrade, manuel fernandes

Ballotelli I knew in my mind was black cos I knew his history. Ghanian parents. Court ordered adoption to the Balotelli family etc. Still my mind couldn't connect it. So when I saw him i was like huh? Oh yeah...he's really Ghanian.

Topper for me tho was Jimmy Bullard. Now that's a mug only Mom could love.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MSCCG:

I always imagine people to be Asian. Man I was surprised when I first saw Rooney and Lampard play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't help thinking of Shrek every time I see Rooney =/

most people are talking from a 'before they were famous' perspective. Tevez and Riquelme were regular signings for me on the CM games, before Riquelme was at barcelona. Tevez and Mascherano were free transfers at the start of cm01-02 games. unless you're argentinian and have a deep knowledge of every player, you are unlikely to know what 16 year old players look like unless there is media hype.

thats the point of this thread.

Archived