who is the captain after Neville, Giggs, Ferdinand....

Definitely not said Scholes. He has said he dosnt want to be skipper. Rooney has captained the side in the absence of the others. But last year Ronaldo was skipper most often when Rio Giggs and Neville dint play. I would say VDS but i guess he must be about to retire in your game so...

If it was me I would give it to Rooney. He is likely be playing for United for another decade and so make him captain and problem solved for long time otherwise selecting another 30+ player mean the selection issues will bounce back soon again,

But then' date=' as someone said, your best to look at your current players....have you bought a 'Captain' from another team....I wouldnt make someone my captain after just signing, maybe once they have been there a few seasons.[/quote']

It's happened before, look at Robinho at City. Hughes made him captain when Dunne was suspended but I think that was just to keep him happy.

thanks for all ur info!

but it's seem no comfirm list.

i m a mu fan. i found all those players wearing the arm-band before. but really don know who should come 1st jus after Rio.

(how about post again in the MU Data Forum? they should hav answer)

Neville, Giggs, Ferdinand, Rooney, Ronaldo, Vidic, Van der Sar. If you're not playing any of these then you have changed the team too much for it to still be realistic :p have you bought anyone else in at all?

And for the record, Fletcher is awful.

Nonsense. Fletcher has arguably been our best central midfielder this season.

I think Fletcher is under rated because he's scottish.

He's underrated because he's unspectacular in what he does and because he's a truly dreadful winger. He made most of his early appearances out of position on the right and some people still won't let that go. Ridiculous considering he's been the best central midfielder in our squad this season, Scholes included, and was very good last year too.

I'm sure I've read an interview with SAF in the past where he's said that Scholes is uncomfortable in the role and so won't take it on in future.

He's underrated because he's unspectacular in what he does and because he's a truly dreadful winger. He made most of his early appearances out of position on the right and some people still won't let that go. Ridiculous considering he's been the best central midfielder in our squad this season, Scholes included, and was very good last year too.

I'm sure I've read an interview with SAF in the past where he's said that Scholes is uncomfortable in the role and so won't take it on in future.

Err, No Anderson Scholes and Carrick have all been better than Fletcher this season, drastic improvement over a season doesnt mean hes played better than the main men, just hes playin better than the **** he has been previously, Fletcher is similar to lampard in his work rate and passing ability just cant shoot. For the Record Rio has captained the United team most this season, Rooney 3 times dont think Ronaldo has this season in the league, maybe the league cup?)but he did last season a couple of times,

Err, No Anderson Scholes and Carrick have all been better than Fletcher this season, drastic improvement over a season doesnt mean hes played better than the main men, just hes playin better than the **** he has been previously, Fletcher is similar to lampard in his work rate and passing ability just cant shoot. For the Record Rio has captained the United team most this season, Rooney 3 times dont think Ronaldo has this season in the league, maybe the league cup?)but he did last season a couple of times,

Presumably you've already been laughed out of the OTF United thread and/or the Data Issues thread?

You should sign Titus Bramble and make him your captain. His inspirational ability, raw talent and people skills are unmatched. He also has a PHD in Psychology and Sociology with a side degree in Sports management and sports psychology. He would lead your team to glory...

For the game tonight Manchester United line up like this:

• 01 Van der Sar
  • 21 R Da Silva
  • 15 Vidic
  • 23 Evans
  • 22 O'Shea
  • 13 Park
  • 24 Fletcher
  • 16 Carrick
  • 07 Ronaldo
  • 10 Rooney
  • 09 Berbatov

Edwin Van der Sar is the captain.

Says it all, VDS as captain after the others (he was a good captain for Holland)

I think Carrick has been the most effective, he just hasn't played enough games, while Scholes completely turned the Boro game just before. That said, Fletcher has had a very good season and the amount of work he does, particularly defensively and without the ball, goes very unnoticed by the majority, and is the kind of player who can adapt to play with either player or Hargreaves/Anderson.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/champions-league/2008-2009/man-united-celtic-253790.html

i stil can remember Wes took the armband ahead of VDS. (latest game played by two of them in2008)

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/champions-league/2008-2009/man-united-celtic-253790.html

but

in 2007 Rooney ahead of Brown (i think jus to boost Rooney's morale)

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?newsid=514324&pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}

finally

i went through all matches played in these 2 seasons. i found that Brown or VDS just behind Ferdinand.

(if u ask who come first, i think is Brown ahead of VDS, but Brown is injured now till end of this season, difficult to check for now)

after this 2, it's Rooney and CR

when CR or Rooney captained team (only 1 of them in the starting 11, funny ya, Ferguson stil not decided between them two yet)

Fletch has been great for us this year but i think his playing time needs to be restricted to away games and top 4 games at old trafford. As last night AND the sunderland game showed, Fletch is quite hopeless when you need to break a team down who have parked the bus in goal. Scholes coming on made a world of difference!

vds was captain last night, even when gary nev came on as a sub fergie kept vds as captain

fren,

usually the capt named in starting 11 will keep his arm-band until he being sub.

even gary came on, vds stil the capt for the match.

eg. Rio wil not pass the arm-band to Gary when Gary came on as sub. it's a norm.

Mate, there is no definative list for any club beyond the top three or four. It really doesn't matter, sort them by influence, don't put down anyone with less than 12, and if you find yourself captainless, add a player who's been serving for a long time or the highest remaining player.

Archived