Any chance of a fix for the "Bojan bug"?

Now firstly I know there are other threads on this etc but the main feeling about this bug, which for those who don't know is that Bojan to name one, and many other high profile wonderkids and quality regens are released from there clubs which basically makes it a free market for some class youngsters and IMO is a game breaking bug.

Just wondering whether theres any chance of a quick hotfix for it because after waiting a month for 9.0.2 it is quite frustrating to have this happening and a possible wait until Feb/March for 9.0.3

[This is not a rant]

Just wondering if theres any chance whatsoever on a 9.2.1 maybe? Anything to just fix it as I deem it gream breaking as I play in the top leagues

baker.simon, yes but this doesnt happen in real life, bojan wont go to west brom to make the prem better will he?

its unrealistic and any body that denies this is a fanboy or is just denying that there game is unrealistic. So what your saying is ludicrous

4457, it happens to regens as i have stated, i am not goin onto every single regen and top quality youngster on a third party editor just to make sure they don't get released

baker.simon, yes but this doesnt happen in real life, bojan wont go to west brom to make the prem better will he?

its unrealistic and any body that denies this is a fanboy or is just denying that there game is unrealistic. So what your saying is ludicrous

4457, it happens to regens as i have stated, i am not goin onto every single regen and top quality youngster on a third party editor just to make sure they don't get released

Thanks, im no fanboy though! Was just giving my point of view as to how I view it and deal with it in my game!

Jesus Christ, don't you get it??

It's not the "Bojan"-Bug, it's the "Wonderkids-being-released-for-free"-Bug!

It was Bojan who made us discover this bug, which IMO is really game-breaking.

Guys listen, the AI is releasing almost every good young player they have for free! Or at least they don't sign new contracts! Don't you get it what this will mean for the game in 10 years?

Can't believe they are still guys who think we should only fix Bojan's contract.

I mean don't you think it's wrong when you're Derby County and after season one you sign Guy Assulin and Thiago of Barcelona and Welbeck from Arsenal for free, second season then you sign Dalla Valle, Ramsey and three other young players with 180+ PA. Ah well Bojan is staying at Barcelona, fine.

SI never finished FM2008...never even attempting to fix the regen problem. Why does anyone think they will fix this? Wjay would be their motivation? I hope they do fix it; and it would also be nice to have a 2008 fix for the regen issue; but no matter what they dont do people still buy the new game.

Apparently they've fixed 2 big problems with the game from 2008. Regens are much better, although some are complaining they're too good. Also, apparently the grey teams being amazing issue is sorted. But according to one thread it's over done as the greys aren't eqaul to the team they play for.

Those wonderkids will end up somewhere, so this flaw doesn't make the game unplayable. I'll keep playing it and see what happens.

Allthough the game isnt unplayable with this bug. For me it ruins the whole game!!!

If you are in direct competition with whoever signs a top class youngster on a free, that team gains a massive unfair advantage, surly this ruins the whole integrity of the game world....

Ah well, that's your choice. Although it isn't a problem for me as I play lower leagues so by the time I'm at a level they'd play at they're older and might have moved anyway.

But its happening with regens as well so its not like this is only a problem in the first few seasons.

When does this happen, is this after starting a new game with 9.2.0? I have had no problems with this. I have a save that started at 9.1.0 and continued with 9.2.0 being added on and no problems. Would be rather annoying though but wouldnt bother me all that much.

When does this happen, is this after starting a new game with 9.2.0? I have had no problems with this. I have a save that started at 9.1.0 and continued with 9.2.0 being added on and no problems. Would be rather annoying though but wouldnt bother me all that much.

Same here.

Exactly, it ruins the whole game its basically cheating being able to get these high quality youngsters for free as it doesnt happen in RL.

AND i know whats coming, "dont do it then", well i still cant stop the AI signing them you morons.

Enjoy your games because mines on the shelf till this shambles is fixed

Woah, what are you calling people morons for? You're not even having an argument with anyone! Please rein it in a bit.

Exactly, it ruins the whole game its basically cheating being able to get these high quality youngsters for free as it doesnt happen in RL.

AND i know whats coming, "dont do it then", well i still cant stop the AI signing them you morons.

Enjoy your games because mines on the shelf till this shambles is fixed

Whilst I agree that this is a bug ( I have just signed him for free as well!) Barcelona have a history of not tying down there star youngsters. I might be wrong and if so - sorry, but didn't Liverpool get Pacheco from Barcelona plus one other on free's because Barcelona did not offer them contracts? This was about two years ago and Barcelona kicked up a big stink about this even though it was their own fault.

Just thought i would throw this in the mix!

Whilst I agree that this is a bug ( I have just signed him for free as well!) Barcelona have a history of not tying down there star youngsters. I might be wrong and if so - sorry, but didn't Liverpool get Pacheco from Barcelona plus one other on free's because Barcelona did not offer them contracts? This was about two years ago and Barcelona kicked up a big stink about this even though it was their own fault.

And Fabregas and Pique are some of the more high profile examples of this.

Maybe it isn´t a "game stopper", but it is unrealistic that no team seem to even try to keep highly talented players like Sturridge, Welbeck, Assulin, Bojan and Landsbury. Fact is, it seems like the AI don´t give a damn about talents at all. Has anoyne seen any computer controlled teams fill upp their youth teams with other players than their own regens?

these are all good examples and duly noted, but it happens every year top qulaity youngsters being released by clubs, i.e Bojan, Wellbeck, Daniel Sturridge, James McEverly, Ben Sahar, Saivet, Scott Sinclair the list goes on. I really hate this bug........

As a workaround, I'd suggest you pop along to the CSE forum and take part in some of the challenges, and scenarios in there. It's good fun, and some only last a season, so it's a good way to get a short burst of FM action.

I really dont think you can compare Pique, Fabregas, Pacheco, or any other youngster Barca sold/no contract with Bojan. He's already broken into the first team. Scored some goals last season, and are

very popular among the fans...

About this bug.. Its most definitely a bug... Ofcourse some youngsters with great potential could be offloaded.. There are plenty of players in the world who didnt get a contract with their favourite club, or first club.. But when it comes to a youngster who's describes as a wonderkid already.. I dont think any club would release him. :-)

As a workaround, I'd suggest you pop along to the CSE forum and take part in some of the challenges, and scenarios in there. It's good fun, and some only last a season, so it's a good way to get a short burst of FM action.

For real...?

Its is possible that the Bojan bug can happen for example Real Madrid released Juan Mata for free and now he is having an awsome season at Valencia. It is possible.

Have you not read this thread mate or are you just blind? It happens to LOADS of high potential youngsters we are not just talking about Bojan he just happens to be a high profile example

Archived