Is there any better feeling than when it your team just gells!

Basically yesterday I was about to jump out of a window (luckily I live in a bungalow so the 2 foot drop to the grass would ave been easy) I was dominating teams, yet my players couldn't hit a barn door if it fell on them. The AI seemed to have magical powers where they could score at will.

Then a few tweaks here and a few more there, and voila my team is now playing how I want them to. Strong defensively, and free flowing goin forward.

Just scored a goal where they passed the ball 17 times with practically the whole team touching the ball ripping the opposition to pieces in the process and my star left winger then lifted the ball over the keeper. It was sexy football and exactly what I wanted them to be doing. I was 3-0 up after 35 mins and it could have been 5. Have been on a run of 4 or 5 games where this has been the case today.

Basically its why I play FM, those lows yesterday made the highs of today seem all the sweeter.

My Gateshead team havent been doing anything right in their first season in the Blue Sq Premier but after a bit of tweaking including closing down all over pitch and counter attacking. I have destroyed second in the league York much to my satisfaction and my team appear to be playing as a free flowing unit.

Good Times!!!!

well it hasnt happened to me,and it wont, the game keeps injuring my player and ai is winning all the time no matter how much times my team is better

My starman got injured in the 96th minute of the game (very annoying as only 95mins were meant to be played)! But still its great when your team finally starts to play how you want them to.

You just need to keep plugging away...

It's great to see a positive post on here for a change Kiwityke! And I wholeheartedly agree, those moments when all falls into place are exactly why we keep playing these incredibly frustrating games, and if your team is performing as well as you say, one injury shouldn't prove to be too much of a problem. It took me the best part of 2 seasons to find a tactic I'm happy with (had to watch every 90 minutes to try and figure out what was ging wrong) and like you I'm in dreamland now!! Sure I still get the odd freak result but that is to be expected, this is FM after all. Anyway well done Sire and keep enjoying the game!

Archived