Developing youth players question?

In my experiance anything is better than leaving them in the reserves, it (for me anyhow) seems to stall the development totally. Slight progress can be noticed if the player(s) are being tutored but the best is to loan them to the highest league possible where the player will be a regular starter.

I always send mine to a feeder club or offer them out on loan. They can stagnate in the reserves as its not normally a competive leauge. There have been some exaxmples of players irl showing great promise and then not doing anything caue they cant get a game for there club.

A good feeder club in an active league is the key to a successful player development imo.

Just make sure the SPL is an active league! Just to add a qusetion, does anybody think your manager rep increases the rate of youth development? ATM i have a world class rep and just wondered if it was of benefit to youth development at all?

Yeah, in my ManU game, I have the SPL as an active league. That was the reason I took the SPL team as a feeder because Antwerp is, obviously, not in an active league.

Archived