You don't get a warning of staff contract expiry no more?

My Ass Man just left!!! Didn't realise his contract was expiring!! So annoying!! A few of my other coaches had expired contracts but luckily decided to stay and I managed to give them a new deal. I only realised this had happened because I suddenly realised that there were no monthly training reports and my player searches were bringing up ppl who I could never attract to my club!!! Why the hell has this feature been removed!!! Still so angry that my Ass Man left!! The new guy I had to bring in is good but its just not the same!! We were a team god dammit!!

'sobs'

I'm wondering if this is a side effect of a fix in the patch. Previously, coaches and staff were having their contracts automatically renewed, without you being told at all. Perhaps it's gone too far in the other direction.

So SI didn't test what they wanted to fix?

Anyway why have they done it so it automatically renews contracts in the first place?

They were trying to fix that problem I believe, it was'nt put in the game on purpose to renew contracts automatically.

:O And me thinking I overlooked the warning message.

A few days ago one of my coaches was suddenly gone from my staff.

When I searched for him by name, I found him at another team.

I decided to search for that message, it was off course a fruitless effort of maybe an hour or so! :D

Noticed this as well and have gotten into the habit of going to check staff contracts when I get the yearly message about players contracts that are expring in 12 months time.

Not ideal but once you start doing it you don't lose staff because no one bothered to mention their contract was up.

Is there not even a whipround to get them a going away card???:p

You also don't get told who wins the World Cup anymore either. As for the PL i'm not sure but I remember than after the WC the only news item I got was about where the next WC was going to be held.

Every version we are promised enhanced media interaraction so why do we appear to be going backwards here?

Every version we are promised enhanced media interaraction so why do we appear to be going backwards here?

Indeed, not being told that your staff are being poached is a pretty serious issue imo. I can't believe it wasn't picked up in testing and fixed tbh.

But when your asst-man gets an new job, you also don't get a message "... joins ... for a fee of ..."? Cause when he's still under contract you should be getting a transfer fee...

Or are all these lads out of contract in your game?

Last few version you get a warning telling you that certain staff contract are set to expiry. Don't get that now, why?

I didn't even know I had no goalkeeping coach for 2 seasons. :mad:

As well as this problem, I never got notified that a member of my staff had retired. I was told at the beginning of the season, but when he actually retired, nothing happened, and I only found out halfway through the following season

Archived