My assistant managers gone mental!

Just wondering if this is a bug or not. Im Villa and usually leave my press conferences and that to my ass man, as most of the time he gets a posotive response from my team

however recently he has gone utterly mental, and stormed out of 8 of my last 13 press conferences, including 4 in a row

hes done this because of such outrageous questions as "how important is it that your players keep their cool...", "...had a great game for Fulham, picking up man of the match, how did you rate his performance" and "do you agree that Lassana Diarra is liable to pose a big threat" etc etc

Now these questions arent exactly offensive so why has he suddenly gone mad? Ive started doing all the press conferences myself now because I dont wanna risk him going on some mad crazy killing spree but its a bit repetetive and boring and Id really rather just leave them to him

Basically Im lazy and I want my ass man back!!

Yep, I've had this too.

Anyone know which stats determine if an Ass Man is good at press conferences (motivation?)

I have discussed this before, and i personally think it could do with the assman havin sort of like a "dealing with media" attribute or something similar!

Yeah but as said earlier, how do you dertmine if a new one is going to be any good at press confrences? Im at Liverpool and Sammy Lee is great at them, but he has been a manager (albeit breifly). I havent yet figured out which attribute(s) make him good at dealing with the press but think somone will have somwere..

I can't understand why people would leave press conferences and team talks to their assistants. Both of these are ideal for boosting player morale and/or putting the jitters up the opposition. If you leave it in the hands on your assistant then how can you know how you are influencing things?

I just like to know what's occuring. I like to be in control.

I handle the team talks myself but theres only so many times you can be asked the same question before It gets extremly boring and repetive. I think there a great addtion to the game but think the question bank could be expanded hugely for the next game. If it wasnt the same 20 odd questions Id go.

I handle the team talks myself but theres only so many times you can be asked the same question before It gets extremly boring and repetive. I think there a great addtion to the game but think the question bank could be expanded hugely for the next game. If it wasnt the same 20 odd questions Id go.

The issue is less with the questions than the answers. If you are asked about a player feeling upset at something you are perceived to have done, your options relate to whether you will change your style. There is no distinction between saying you disagree that the players concerns are justified, and saying you understand that there is a perceived problem but that he has to deal with it because it's your style.

This has been the weakness in the media since it was introduced, and it's baffling that it was not expanded beyond the "strongly agree" to "strongly disagree" options.

I'm currently 4 seasons into my Saints game and have done almost every press conference myself, yes it gets boring and yes it gets repetitive but then I look at my stats and feel it is kinda worth it, with my stats the way they are I could be in line for a top job soon if the right offer comes in! Hands-On Approach was something like 17!

I'm currently 4 seasons into my Saints game and have done almost every press conference myself, yes it gets boring and yes it gets repetitive but then I look at my stats and feel it is kinda worth it, with my stats the way they are I could be in line for a top job soon if the right offer comes in! Hands-On Approach was something like 17!

Aren't our stats purely a cosmetic thing anyway?

This is why I dislike press conferences so much. I can't trust my ass man whatsoever and my players get upset for the stupidest reasons. That's why I'm forced to do them myself and responding to the same questions over and over again is extremely annoying.

Just wondering if this is a bug or not. Im Villa and usually leave my press conferences and that to my ass man, as most of the time he gets a posotive response from my team

however recently he has gone utterly mental, and stormed out of 8 of my last 13 press conferences, including 4 in a row

hes done this because of such outrageous questions as "how important is it that your players keep their cool...", "...had a great game for Fulham, picking up man of the match, how did you rate his performance" and "do you agree that Lassana Diarra is liable to pose a big threat" etc etc

Now these questions arent exactly offensive so why has he suddenly gone mad? Ive started doing all the press conferences myself now because I dont wanna risk him going on some mad crazy killing spree but its a bit repetetive and boring and Id really rather just leave them to him

Basically Im lazy and I want my ass man back!!

Perhaps he just got fed up with all the repetitive questions, so maybe you should hire an assistant for him to deal with the press conferences :)

My ass man left my successful top of the table premiership team to become a coach at 17th placed portsmouth.

Now thats mental.

Did you offer him a new contract at the same time? If you offer him the same terms as he's currently on he will usually stay.

Yeah but as said earlier, how do you dertmine if a new one is going to be any good at press confrences? Im at Liverpool and Sammy Lee is great at them, but he has been a manager (albeit breifly). I havent yet figured out which attribute(s) make him good at dealing with the press but think somone will have somwere..

This is Theory/Speculation as i have no evidence to back it up, but i expect the Ass.Man's media handling skills are based around the following Mental Traits

Controversy

Pressure

Professionalism

Temperament

I don't think the Coaching Attributes or Mental Attributes influence his behaviour here, nor do the hidden Tactical Attributes.

My reasons here are because with the Coaching/Tactical Attributes they quite obviously relate to his ability (or lack of) as a Coach and the Tactical Attributes determine how he plays when in charge of a squad on match day.

Mental Attributes may have some influence on how he handles teamtalks, as Motivation/Discipline seems more relevant to that than to a Media Press Conference.

End Theory

Haha!

I was knocked out of the UEFA cup and my assistant manager was asked how he felt about beeing knocked out of the competition. His answer: I am absolutely delighted!

He has a strange form of humor that guy.

Archived