These forums lately....

Do people feel the aren't what they used to be? I mean peole will jump on you for the dumbest reasons, and im not just talikng about new posters, its the older ones too that suffer! I thought these forums were a, sort of, democracy and not communism? Because, to some posters, if its not their way its the highway and it needs sorting.

Glad you brought this up, considering I have commented on 2/3 threads recently only to be shot down in flames by you....who are you anyway? Not once did I say anything aimed at you....or even offensive or problematic towards anyone else....yet you feel the need to try and knock me down?

Its people like yourself who are causing the problems.

Do people feel the aren't what they used to be? I mean peole will jump on you for the dumbest reasons, and im not just talikng about new posters, its the older ones too that suffer! I thought these forums were a, sort of, democracy and not communism? Because, to some posters, if its not their way its the highway and it needs sorting.
You have just described YOUR OWN actions to a tee. Maybe a glance in the mirror and then the forums can be a happy place again? ;)

Can i just say, i have no problems with anyone! I dont even take notice of who im replying to TBH and if i offended i do aplologise but i do remember, in 2 previous threads being flamed by you Maroon. And comments like that from Maidel just back my OP up really!

Second that :thup:

I dont. Agree with the OP. Its a trend in various threads to get shot down by people. Happens way too often. Tough to speak your mind without people coming down on you for small reason.

PS: not talking about the piracy thread but just in general.

I dont. Agree with the OP. Its a trend in various threads to get shot down by people. Happens way too often. Tough to speak your mind without people coming down on you for small reason.

PS: not talking about the piracy thread but just in general.

Thanks eshaan, perhaps you put it better than me my original post lol!

And why would that be? What have i done wrong to you then for you to second it?

You haven't done anything wrong to me per se, I just take exception to your "crusade" to sort these forums out when you spam things like "TTFN", "IBTL" and "Why did this thread get closed?"

Gotta say that smacks a tad of hypocrisy and that sort of thing annoys me

The forums have improved over the last week or two in my opinion, but they're still in pretty bad shape since FM09 was launched. I had a fair bit abuse directed at me back then, but not much anymore.

My advice would be to not take these things to heart, especially if you might jump on someone like that as well from time to time. :thup:

Can i just say, i have no problems with anyone! I dont even take notice of who im replying to TBH and if i offended i do aplologise but i do remember, in 2 previous threads being flamed by you Maroon. And comments like that from Maidel just back my OP up really!

I want to ignore this topic I really do, but I've had the ****test night I can remember and I'm in the kinda mood to rant. And punch a wall. Hard.

The bold text says a lot really... maybe you should pay attention. You accused me and quite a few others of piracy in the last thread - joking or not that's only gonna be interpreted in one way in the mood I'm in tonight - simply for commenting on the existence of cracks or - rightly or wrongly - taking the **** out of the way the topic was going.

Also you did post an in before the lock I believe and I somehow doubt it's the first time. What's more annoying than people who have nothing useful to add just bumping their post count? What's more annoying than people who just post a load of blatant spam? People who do it in such a self centered and self assured way that it *almost* seems like it's valid.

edit, ps. I'm in a really really bad mood... don't take anything I say to heart

I personally find these forums a little aggressive.

I always think we should attack the argument, not the person and remembering that would make this place a lot nicer.

In my view, people come on here with varying levels of experience and expectations from the game. That experience and expectation is probably different to other peoples but it doesn't make it wrong, it's just different. The nature of the game is that each of us can have a different experience of it and therefore produce differing results when we play.

But you have to remember, the majority of people on these forums are genuine people, and don't take cause trouble. It's just the odd few that do, and its threads like this that just call out for those types of people to cause trouble.

as above, spot on - this is another ridiculous thread IMO

You haven't done anything wrong to me per se, I just take exception to your "crusade" to sort these forums out when you spam things like "TTFN", "IBTL" and "Why did this thread get closed?"

Gotta say that smacks a tad of hypocrisy and that sort of thing annoys me

If it annoys you, dont comment?

TTFN was a reference to a comment made by about someone who "gets cracks all the time" which would usually result in them getting banned from these forums, hence the TTFN!

IBTL is because it was a thread about piracy which 9/10 gets locked by the mods ASAP (as soon as possible) but didn't

Why did the thread get closed is because the thread i was referring to got closed with no reason from a mod.

Thanks

Would you like to tell me where I 'flamed' you?

In one thread someone asked what TTFN stood for....my reply was to tell them what it stood for and then mention the fact I hadnt heard it from my school days. Nothing to do with you, but you seem to think it was as you replied directly to me?

In another just a few minutes later someone had posted on how to take him team to the next level because they were not finishing above 5th (I think)....then just a few posts last the original poster says something along the lines of 'maybe I should rebuild my team' - I replied with a comment along the lines of "maybe you have just answered your own question" - again not aimed at you and in no way offensive to the original poster, but again it was you who came back quoting my post and being rude towards me.

If you think you are some kind of flashlight moderator on here, then good luck to you. In future please think (or look) before replying to people.

So you can stick your apology as you were the one to cause the friction....and to then come out with a thread like this is just even more laughable.

The fact that others have came on and backed up what I said says it all really - I dont come on here everyday, so dont really recall ever having any discussion with you before...maybe you have me mixed up with someone else and have taken offense to me...but I certainly didnt do any wrong or warrent your replies.

TTFN was a reference to a comment made by about someone who "gets cracks all the time" which would usually result in them getting banned from these forums, hence the TTFN!

IBTL is because it was a thread about piracy which 9/10 gets locked by the mods ASAP (as soon as possible) but didn't

Why did the thread get closed is because the thread i was referring to got closed with no reason from a mod.

Thanks

The thread will have been closed, because it was a thread that was talking about piracy, piracy is illegal. Theres only one real way a thread about piracy is going to go. Therefore the thread was closed.

This seems to happen every year when the new game gets released TBH. Some people come on the board with the sole intention to moan and wind people up, and then some take on the role of forum police, or as I prefer to call them, forum vigilantes, then have to act as though they can control what everyone says, shooting down anything that doesn't conform to their viewpoint on the game. IN a couple of months, all should calm down, only to start up again just a few months later.

I want to ignore this topic I really do, but I've had the ****test night I can remember and I'm in the kinda mood to rant. And punch a wall. Hard.

The bold text says a lot really... maybe you should pay attention. You accused me and quite a few others of piracy in the last thread - joking or not that's only gonna be interpreted in one way in the mood I'm in tonight - simply for commenting on the existence of cracks or - rightly or wrongly - taking the **** out of the way the topic was going.

Also you did post an in before the lock I believe and I somehow doubt it's the first time. What's more annoying than people who have nothing useful to add just bumping their post count? What's more annoying than people who just post a load of blatant spam? People who do it in such a self centered and self assured way that it *almost* seems like it's valid.

edit, ps. I'm in a really really bad mood... don't take anything I say to heart

I never accused anybody of piracy TBH, and if you read the whole thread you will see i do also make constructive comments!

Thanks

I don't consider any of those valid reasons to post, therefore I call them spamming, especially the IBTL thing, in trying to justify yourself, you just proved Jez's point

And the reason I do comment is because it annoys me

you made constructive comments....

1) ta ta! ibtl!

2) To quote a current advert on TV........... He's a knock off Nigel..... a knock off.....

3) TTFN, Thats Ta Ta for now!

4) And i see the thread trollers are out too!

5) Mate, read the thread!

6) And, by the looks of it, eshaan is trying to create a popular thread. So I suggest we all leave it now and let it drop down the pages into non-excistence!

7) Bye Bye mate!

8) OR... If you have children and you get 'forced' to watch the disney movies over christmas day! Particularly Winnie the Pooh!

This is not a wind up, if you all feel it winds you up, dont post! I was just observing that the forums, in general, have gone downhill recently and this results in personal attacks on me or demands that this thread be closed!

Guess what guys, these are forums and, as such, people have rights to opinions! Democracy, not Communism

1) ta ta! ibtl!

2) To quote a current advert on TV........... He's a knock off Nigel..... a knock off.....

3) TTFN, Thats Ta Ta for now!

4) And i see the thread trollers are out too!

5) Mate, read the thread!

6) And, by the looks of it, eshaan is trying to create a popular thread. So I suggest we all leave it now and let it drop down the pages into non-excistence!

7) Bye Bye mate!

8) OR... If you have children and you get 'forced' to watch the disney movies over christmas day! Particularly Winnie the Pooh!

I'm sorry, but

what the hell is that all about..

ta ta! ibtl!

To quote a current advert on TV........... He's a knock off Nigel..... a knock off.....

TTFN, Thats Ta Ta for now!

And i see the thread trollers are out too!

Mate, read the thread!

And, by the looks of it, eshaan is trying to create a popular thread. So I suggest we all leave it now and let it drop down the pages into non-excistence!

Bye Bye mate!

OR... If you have children and you get 'forced' to watch the disney movies over christmas day! Particularly Winnie the Pooh!

And if you read earlier, you will read why i posted them!

So you spammed a thread because you thought it would be closed, then opened a new thread to ask why it was closed? Seems like a bit of an odd thing to do to me.

If you want to read about people's opinions on the state of this forum, have a read of this. I can't honestly see that this thread is going to add anything useful so I'm closing it.

Archived