Help Needed! Can't Play Game Anymore!

Hello everyone, not sure if i'm in the right place for this kind of question but any help would be appreciated. I bought football manager 2009 the day it came out and have had absolutely no problems with it at all until now. Recently I installed the new 9.2 patch (about a week ago) and all of a sudden, when ever I get to a match on football manager, the game goes off and an error message pops up saying "not-well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of speed.xml". I have uninstalled the game about 3 times now, deleted all folders related to football manager and then reinstalled only to have the same problem. I have been reading around the forums and found people having trouble getting on the game but i can get on the game just not play any matches at all. Please can someone enlighten me as i haven't been able to play the game for about a week now. Thanks in advance.

Have you tried this?

Other XML Errors

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Delete the following folder:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

This may solve some issues regarding the XML Errors

Archived