2D Match Engine

Theres already about 10 threads about this:thdn:

Its just the pitch not showing what the commentary is saying,for a first try on psp its good but hopefully it will be better next year.

I have to disagree with this opinion. Considering the 2d pitch was the main new feature I think the bugs should have been ironed out or the game just delayed. SI are a big company and the game would have been tested well.

The day the game went on sale i'd bet my mortgage that SI were fully aware of every issue and just decided not to fix the 2d pitch. I feel a little cheated by the 2d pitch and i'm sure others feel the same. If I buy a new tv and the built in freeview part doesnt work the TV manufacturer can't just say "well yeah, thats a new model and it's the first time we have tried that, it will be better next year"

I love the game and it's definitely the best so far but my argument is that the 2d pitch should have just been left out rather than put in totally half assed like it has been.

I have to disagree with this opinion. Considering the 2d pitch was the main new feature I think the bugs should have been ironed out or the game just delayed. SI are a big company and the game would have been tested well.

The day the game went on sale i'd bet my mortgage that SI were fully aware of every issue and just decided not to fix the 2d pitch. I feel a little cheated by the 2d pitch and i'm sure others feel the same. If I buy a new tv and the built in freeview part doesnt work the TV manufacturer can't just say "well yeah, thats a new model and it's the first time we have tried that, it will be better next year"

I love the game and it's definitely the best so far but my argument is that the 2d pitch should have just been left out rather than put in totally half assed like it has been.

Yeah I agree, if it's finished add it in, if not leave it out and work on it until the next year.

What concerns me is whether the pitch view in fact exposes weaknesses in the actual match engine. Even in the commentary in the previous games there are always some very odd things that go on, like your centre-forward passing the ball forwards 20 yards to one of your centre-backs, that kind of thing. Or your defenders passing the ball between them over and over and over again to an extent that is utterly unrealistic.

hers one for you all,

my defender clears the ball the commentary says" thats a wayward pass" it was that bad it went passed the subs on the sideline i watch the ball just float away off screen the next thing i know goal has flashed up and it says he certainly didnt mean that! i dont think he did considering it was no where near the goal! not complaining though

Archived