Suggestions

hey people i was about to start a new game with the new patch but have heard lots of people on here saying its terrible and worse than before im going on holiday in a few weeks and have heard theres another patch coming possibly in febuary so im thinking of maybe just waiting till then and getting the transfer window and the third and final patch before i start my new game what do people honestly think is this patch playable is it any good or should i just wait to feb for the final patch.

New patch is more than fine. You shouldn't listen to everything you hear. There is a vocal minority that are constantly on here telling of how bad the game is, how bugged it is and how unrealistic it is. That is not my thoughts. I couldn't be enjoying my game more.

Oh, and I say minority, because the majority are enjoying their games. I happen to run a slow game so get plenty of time to post whilst it is processing. :)

Start a game now and have some fun. Even if you find you don't like it then at least you are judging for yourself, rather than listen to the constant barrage of whining.

I do have a friendly suggestion for you. Punctuation. Some people will come on here and won't be friendly about it, but lack of it makes your post hard to read. :D

New patch is more than fine. You shouldn't listen to everything you hear. There is a vocal minority that are constantly on here telling of how bad the game is, how bugged it is and how unrealistic it is. That is not my thoughts. I couldn't be enjoying my game more.

Oh, and I say minority, because the majority are enjoying their games. I happen to run a slow game so get plenty of time to post whilst it is processing. :)

Start a game now and have some fun. Even if you find you don't like it then at least you are judging for yourself, rather than listen to the constant barrage of whining.

I do have a friendly suggestion for you. Punctuation. Some people will come on here and won't be friendly about it, but lack of it makes your post hard to read. :D

Is it lonely up there on your pedestal?

Oh, and no guarantee there will be a patch in February, or that there will be a patch at all. It's that wildly chucked about gossip again.

What's wild is the thought that the myriad bugs still in 9.2 won't be addressed with another patch or two. You're running a slow game are you? Perhaps you need to play a lot more of it then, before talking about it. Just a friendly suggestion.

What's wild is the thought that the myriad bugs still in 9.2 won't be addressed with another patch or two. You're running a slow game are you? Perhaps you need to play a lot more of it then, before talking about it. Just a friendly suggestion.

Myriad bugs? Other than some sort if butterfly, perhaps you would like to explain what you mean. I ask because I really don't think there are tens of thousands or an infinite number of bugs associated with 9.2.0.

Oh, despite your sarcasm, I really was trying to be helpful to the OP. Some people really will fire off the handle about punctuation and it's better he gets a friendly suggestion than abuse.

As for my thoughts on the state of 9.2.0, do you really think it's better he listen to the minority that constantly blag on about how crap FM is and how there's a 'myriad' of bugs? I suppose you'd rather he ditch the game based on unfounded claims?

Slow doesn't always mean purposefully slow either. I run a lot of leagues and it takes its time to process. No, not because it's bug-ridden.

Myriad bugs? Other than some sort if butterfly, perhaps you would like to explain what you mean. I ask because I really don't think there are tens of thousands or an infinite number of bugs associated with 9.2.0.

Oh, despite your sarcasm, I really was trying to be helpful to the OP. Some people really will fire off the handle about punctuation and it's better he gets a friendly suggestion than abuse.

As for my thoughts on the state of 9.2.0, do you really think it's better he listen to the minority that constantly blag on about how crap FM is and how there's a 'myriad' of bugs? I suppose you'd rather he ditch the game based on unfounded claims?

Slow doesn't always mean purposefully slow either. I run a lot of leagues and it takes its time to process. No, not because it's bug-ridden.

I apologize for the sarcasm. The TV's been on the blink all day and I wasn't able to watch Arsenal. Was feeling crabby already, and your attitude against "whiners" sparked me off.

Only a tiny minority of claims are unfounded though, just check the bugs forum and keep playing the game and you will start to see more and more of them, by which time you will be hoping that SI listened to the "moaners" and have put another patch out, just like those who were saying they were perfectly happy with the game until they got hit by the Serie C crash affecting patch 9.1.

I wouldn't knock people who spend the time pointing out the bugs and asking for them to be fixed. They help make the game better for all of us.

And they do not like hearing things like "new patch is more than fine", because they know that SI take feedback very seriously and may be misled by those who aren't spotting the bugs. And I do think you should play the game for more time because at first I thought it was fine too, but it's not.

Oh, I play the game more than enough Gaff. I just don't see all these bugs that people keep pointing out. I don't have an extensive injury list, the ball over the top bug is not a problem for me and my strikers score about as much as I'd expect them too (I have a scorer and an assister).

If I went to the bugs forum and read up on what people are claiming as bugs then I would find myself looking for them. That's what others do. They see something that is reported as a bug and then it stands out in the game as if it must be a bug. You find yourself swayed in a nutshell.

I'm pretty sure SI are happy for me to say the new patch is fine, because I believe it is. I have no problems and that is just as valid a point as person A who sees more bugs than Kew Gardens in the spring. I do actually think parts of the game can be improved upon but I think that patch 9.2.0 has made a huge improvement to this edition, so much so that I don't think it's bug-ridden. Improvement, for me, would come with slight changes to features.

If I see a reported bug that I believe is valid then I won't criticise. I rarely see that.

anagain: there are people who just love looking for bugs. It makes them feel powerful to shout about them and assert themselves over others (in this case, SI). I used to work in retail and had it all the time, people who I'm sure would be otherwise nice characters in real life. Now I'm not saying there are not legitimate complaints but there is a) no need to post about the issues over and over again; just go to the bugs forum and upload a game or PKM with a calm message saying "yep, me too, here's an example", and b) no need to do it in such a childish and ranting way. I'm not referring to anyone specifically here, but it does depress me that people can't complain without being so abusive. Gaff proves here that it CAN be done in a mature manner.

I first started using these forums during fm07 and had not noticed any bugs up until then, so you are right about only noticing the bugs if you know about them (mostly). I hadn't even considered the keeper assist thing until someone mentioned it. I was frustrated about strikers on 9.1 but really hoped it was my tactics, and also the comebacks issue (2-0 up in the first 20 mins? You're gonna lose). But 9.2 fixed them so I'm currently very happy. I've read about some minor issues such as U21 players wanting tiny wages or being released when they are already world class (eg, Bojan) but so far haven't had the problem, and not sure why it would affect my game so badly.

Guess it's a generational thing. I want = I am entitled.

To the OP: it's a game. An incredibly complicated game in which every single action, either from the gamer or the AI, has a knock-on effect to a number of other aspects of the game. FM will never, ever be perfect. We have to accept that. So like anagin says, make up your own mind, dude.

Archived