Thank you Si

I bought the game earlier today.

First I had key input issues and then upon completion, the dreaded 'Failed to set-up graphics system'.

With some adjustments to my laptop resolution and graphical settings it worked.

I couldn't have managed to fix it without the links and help given on the sticky at the top of this page.

Top work SI, thank you a lot.

It's nice to occaisonally have someone with enough gratitude to thank SI for the work they have put in, and the attempts they make to help people who may be having some problems. I think some people believe that SI are out to ruin their lives.

I hope you enjoy the game as much as I am Stemlfc65.

Could you tell me where you found the info on what to adjust the resolution etc to please, i'm having the same issue here

Have you installed the Direct X link under the help topic 'What to do if you receive, failed to start graphics system' ?

If you have and it still gave this message (Which it did to me), go to your directery for football manager 2009 and right click on the FM.exe file. Go to the 'compatibility' tab and unclick 'Run in 256 colours'

Click apply followed by ok.

Hit enter and hey presto you should be going. Please reply either way.

It's nice to occaisonally have someone with enough gratitude to thank SI for the work they have put in, and the attempts they make to help people who may be having some problems. I think some people believe that SI are out to ruin their lives.

I hope you enjoy the game as much as I am Stemlfc65.

Thank you anagain. I have sympathy for many people on here who have had problems and I am sure that they have followed the guidelines but still remained unsuccessful. This time round, football manager has become complex somewhat to shall we say, the lesser users of computers.

Afterall, all people want to do is buy, install and play and I am no different.

Happy new year and happy gaming.

Steve/Stefano.

Have you installed the Direct X link under the help topic 'What to do if you receive, failed to start graphics system' ?

If you have and it still gave this message (Which it did to me), go to your directery for football manager 2009 and right click on the FM.exe file. Go to the 'compatibility' tab and unclick 'Run in 256 colours'

Click apply followed by ok.

Hit enter and hey presto you should be going. Please reply either way.

Where's the directory?

I am obviously in the minority as I have had no problems installing and authenticating the game - not one single ity bity problem - I must have been the very lucky one - although I only got the game at christmas.

If installed through steam the directory would be C:\Program\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009 if you installed everything in the default places. Program might be Program Files on english computers, not sure.

I was the same Mojby. I made the mistake of using an 'I instead of a'1' whe doing the code but that's it. The path works and I haven't got any complaints about 'bugs' such as too many injuries

I have to say I had one little problem - thankfully I saw it coming and used the 'code decoder' they posted - I think mine had something like 8 'o's... how long it would have taken me to figure that one out I don't know!

Archived