Player History -> Achievements (in cups)

It's a pity, that still in FM 09 supposing that a team has won for instance, a UEFA cup there is something like this that only the players put up in the final 18 (11+7 subs) which could even not been used in a match has an entry as UEFA cup winner in his achievements, while other who played in this competition in previous stages/matches but due to some reasons could not been involved - does not have this...

I know it's a detail, but in reality, the whole team gets medals in the finals of CL, UEFA and so on...

in FM 09 this I think does not apply to league awards, like winning the premiership (all players has this achievement in their history), but in the cups it is IMHO messed up...

how it is in reality? isn't the player put up as a sub in at least 1 match in a cup capable of naming himself (from the theoretical point of view) as a cup winner (supposing that his team wins the cup)

I think the rules vary for different competitions. Im not sure about medals for UEFA/Champions League but i do know that in the Premiership you need to have made 10 appearances (start or sub) to claim a medal! IIRC in real life this happened to David Batty who missed out on a medal when Leeds won the old Div 1 and also missed out at Blackburn due to injury. I stand corrected if im wrong mind ;)

so if in CL are 25 medals - for all of the players assigned to this competition at the start of each season + max.3 available changes in Februrary the game still interprets this issue badly (except the Premiership, because here I can observe that the rule of minimum 10 apps is OK! (glad SI!)) - I'm playing MU, won the CL, and Van Der Sar was handling all the group matches, then he picked up a 5 month injury, so I had to use Kuszczak (quarter-finals, semi-finals and a final) as I had no other GK assigned to CL squad (in the 25 places);

of course VDS was not present on a bench in the final and he does not have an achievement of winning CL :-(

that was my point...

Archived