Question on sending players out for workpermit? - been 5 years now

I have 2 Americans who I signed at the age 17/18. They needed work permits so I sent them on loan. 5 years later and they still haven't got an European nationality. I expected then to gain a work permit by the age of 21/22. They haven't. On their status report it says they still have 1095 days left.

Both have earned 5 caps so far for their country.

Does it really take this long?

Yeah they come back every summer and at the start of the transfer window July 1st. I send them back.

1095 us the days to get citizenship. To be honest I think its been like that for the whole 5 years. It says he has done 1757 days.

citizenship to which country tho?

Coming back every summer shouldn't affect it, I don't think. The game doesn't count it continuously.

its a count of the number of days played in that country - or else im entirely missing the point. Every day out of that country will stop the counter untill they return.

That's right, yes. I thought you meant that the thing gets reset, which of course it doesn't (despite some RL immigration rules saying it has to be continuous working/residence).

got ya now.

Yea - i think that 1095 remaing days is probably to get english citizenship.

Was going to say, if they hadn't gained Belgian nationality (which they probably have) it'd just have been easier keeping them in your squad as they gain British nationality after 5 years! Heh.

also, not everyone WANTs to get a differnt nationality. Ive got a great young brazillian defender in my team, been there for 7 seasons (was a struggle to get the work permit for an 18year old no-body I can tell you). Hes gone way beyond the number of days required - but it says 'can see no point' in getting a second nationality.

Which is true, because he plays all he time for brazil and work permits for him would never be an issue.

EDIT - i realise now hes 25 so not exactly young....

I think that bit where it says needs to reside in Belgium changes to learning dutch or something like that. Give me a few mins I'm on June 30th so a few more clicks will mean I'll be on 1st july then I can send him back on loan. But even then it doesn't help as he's gone back on loan for another year.

I dont see what else I can do to get him a work permit. He's ready signed a contract from me last year as he ran out after 4. I though getting him a new contract will allow him a work permit but it didn't happen.

He's been there long enough to qualify for one, so unless stuff like learning specific languages is coded into the game it's pretty much down to the player once you send him back to Belgium.

He's already met requirements on number of days. "Days to gain nationality" tells you how long it takes for a player to gain that nationality in general. "Days completed" is what you should be looking at.

no - hes already gone way beyond the minimum number of days to get citizenship - what i want to see is if where it says 'needs to reside in belgium' gets replaced with 'sees no benifit'

in which case there is nothing you can do and the player is just a moron.

So why agree to going on loan and becoming an European citizen in 3/4 years down the line in the first place?

Why would it affect him?

For match experience, perhaps. Even IRL, a player may choose not to take a second nationality even if he qualifies. He doesn't have to, and it would affect him personally - it's his nationality after all.

I'm off to bed now. Good luck, I'll check back in tomorrow morning and hopefully he'll have gained Belgian nationality.

Oh I see so days to gain nationality is 1095 days. So he's done 730? days more?

So he's met Belgium nationality?

So why would he see no benefit?

Why is it up to him to say he doesn't want a Belgium nationality?

If you worked abroad and your employer told you you HAD to get local nationality, you probably wouldnt be too happy either...

Its up to the individual.

Also, some nationalities are incompatable and cause you to loose your original citizenship if you take up a new one - i dont know if this is put into the game, but it is a rl reason.

If you worked abroad and your employer told you you HAD to get local nationality, you probably wouldnt be too happy either...

Its up to the individual.

Also, some nationalities are incompatable and cause you to loose your original citizenship if you take up a new one - i dont know if this is put into the game, but it is a rl reason.

It's daft though. The player has the chance to play for Man United if he takes the citizenship. Instead he chooses to keep playing for the Belgian second tier club year after year, on loan. Surely he'd either take the nationality or tell United he's no plan to stay with them and ask for a move away.

This is just a bug I'm afraid.

It's daft though. The player has the chance to play for Man United if he takes the citizenship. Instead he chooses to keep playing for the Belgian second tier club year after year, on loan. Surely he'd either take the nationality or tell United he's no plan to stay with them and ask for a move away.

This is just a bug I'm afraid.

We dont know if this is the reason tho. The only time ive seen it happen is when a brazillian superstar playing for me said he didnt want citizenship - which made some sense because he really didnt need it because getting a work permit for him was not an issue.

I see. Kinda of makes sense since he is American after all.

After a week on loan to Belgium his status is now. Cannot speak basic Dutch or French?

I had that last year. So his chances of getting WP is off now. Interesting that both Americans I have on loan have the same status.

saadasdasdasdcv5.jpg

Aha. 5 years in Belgium and can't speak a word of their language. A bit more understandable, but nonsensical nonetheless. There's no way a player would agree to play in Belgium for 5 years in a row and not learn the basics of the working language. Spending years in Belgium throwing his career away while he could be playing for United.

So this is another stupid bug then. That has wasted my time, effort and money. Man I had high hopes for that kid. I mean look at him scoring 20+ goals in 30 games.

Does this occur every time you send someone to gain WP? Has anyone had a successful WP through this method?

This is very interesting. What makes it even more interesting is that you say the two American players you sent there have the same status and have not learned the language(s) and are not able to get their citizenship. I dare not say this, but I hope this doesn't affect all American players.

It would be nice to see if some one else has had luck sending an American player to Belgium and successfully returned the player with a Belgian nationality.

Also, post this in the bugs forum as it seems a bit odd.

I've also had something sort of similar with an American I signed. I signed him at maybe 16 or 17, and I couldn't get a work permit, so I sent him off to Belgium. Eventually, some contract he had with his original club (Columbus Crew) ran out when he was 18, so I assumed I would be able to sign him and get the permit.. But the permit is denied instantly every time he agrees to a new contract. No appeals or anything.

I've sent him to Belgium, and it's been over 800 days and he still can't speak basic French/Dutch or whatever.

My guy is only 20, so there might be hope for him, but it might just be a bug. Hm.

martin-1.jpg

martin2.jpg

or it might be something set with american players not likely to learn new languages

Or it might be that SI have put in coding to reflect the fact that citizens of certain countries cannot hold dual nationality.

I'm pretty sure that if a Briton become a citizen of the US you have to revoke your British passport -- dual nationality is not recognised in the US.

There's a real world example of this with Man Utd: Dong Fangzhuo who had his contract cancelled at the end of August reportedly because despite spending two years at Antwerp he couldn't get a Belgian passport without giving up his Chinese nationality.

It might have been an excuse as Man U thought he wouldn't make the grade and it was face-saving for both parties (especially as you'd think someone would've checked beforehand).

Maybe someone can check if Chinese players get a second nationality when on loan in the game?

Well SI should write the rules regarding this. I've just spent over 10million on both players, sending them to loan, paying wages.

I doubt foreigners in the primer league class themselves as an English citizens after a few years here.

To be honest I don't think the players even care. All they want is a bit of paper saying they can work at this country. So I have no idea why players have to consider themselves mentality to be foreign.

I'm pretty sure that if a Briton become a citizen of the US you have to revoke your British passport -- dual nationality is not recognised in the U?

Rubbish, I've dozens of relatives in the US that holds a US and a Nigerian passport, and if you look at Pro-footballers there are plenty of examples of US players with a European passport:

Tim Howard: US and Hungary

Jonathan Spector: US and Germany

Kenny Cooper: US and England

Danny Szetela: US and Poland

Before posting you really should know what your posting about!

Archived