Honestly?

You blanked the year out?

....................................And your point is?

If you really want to know the date on the game it now is currently Sat 25th Oct 2008 16:45 pm. I have just managed to secure a narrow 2-1 win over WBA at home, funnily enough Downing scored the opener. If there is anything else you would like to know, like my address, Date of Birth, Credit Card details, what time I'm having my tea, what I'm having for my tea, then please just let me know and I'll see if I can oblige.

As the title of this says.....honestly?

....................................And your point is?

If you really want to know the date on the game it now is currently Sat 25th Oct 2008 16:45 pm. I have just managed to secure a narrow 2-1 win over WBA at home, funnily enough Downing scored the opener. If there is anything else you would like to know, like my address, Date of Birth, Credit Card details, what time I'm having my tea, what I'm having for my tea, then please just let me know and I'll see if I can oblige.

As the title of this says.....honestly?

Thats a bit harsh. For all we know, due to you blanking out the year, it could be 2012 and you could have won the league with them the season before or something.

Obviously if the year was 2020 and you had won the league for the past 3 seasons then Downings concerns would be valid so the date is significant. The key word here is - CONTEXT. Google it.

Thank you! Exactly.

It might not be your results that have lead to a loss of confidence, we've got press & players to deal with so any poor performances in those areas could leave Downing underwhelmed with your ability.

talk about going over the top...

the date and previous years results are obviously very important.

Im newcastle and my chairman wants me to win the league and the FA cup.

Sounds ridiculous right?

No because its 2014 and i wont the league for the last 2 years in a row - not so ridiculous now is it?

People only asked because it was important to put it in context. There was no necessity to go all silly over it.

Somewhat of an over-reaction to what was a very simple & valid question, how were people able to offer any kind of reason for the players dislike of his manager with only 90% of the information.

I can know understand Stuart's viewpoint.:D

It might not be your results that have lead to a loss of confidence, we've got press & players to deal with so any poor performances in those areas could leave Downing under whelmed with your ability.

Its definitely my results mate.

Obviously if the year was 2020 and you had won the league for the past 3 seasons then Downing concerns would be valid so the date is significant. The key word here is - CONTEXT. Google it.

I did Google (just for you) and to be fair there ain't many results on the actual word CONTEXT. Needless to say, a bit of common sense would have told you that Downing would not be playing in 2020, "Downing believe Asejio could be come a great player" leads one to believe that it is no later than 2010 at which point how could anybody ever regard Boro to be top of the league is daft. You've also got the number of international caps he's won. The key word you’re looking for here is - INTELLIGENCE and whilst you’re Googling that don't forget to look up the phrase COMMON SENSE.

[

I did Google (just for you) and to be fair there ain't many results on the actual word CONTEXT. Needless to say, a bit of common sense would have told you that Downing would not be playing in 2020, "Downing believe Asejio could be come a great player" leads one to believe that it is no later than 2010 at which point how could anybody ever regard Boro to be top of the league is daft. You've also got the number of international caps he's won. The key word you’re looking for here is - INTELLIGENCE and whilst you’re Googling that don't forget to look up the phrase COMMON SENSE.

Why did you feel it was necessary to edit out hte date in the first place - that was part of the reason why people where questioning it - it made it look suspicious.

Also if you start as an unknown manager it seems to me like the players have less patience with your performances. I took on Spurs as an unknown and it didn't take long for the moaning to start from some players though I was mid-table and doing OK.

What did you set your expectations as, just out of interest? If you've stated your aim to be winning the league, that may be why he is concerned.

I said Top Half finsih. The rest of the squad has "feels the club is underachieving", its just Downing that expects me to be topping the league. Although having checked again just now, that has now changed to "Lost confidence in mangers ability" and "feels the club is underachieving". What a differance a win makes.

Also if you start as an unknown manager it seems to me like the players have less patience with your performances. I took on Spurs as an unknown and it didn't take long for the moaning to start from some players though I was mid-table and doing OK.

I started as an ex international footballer. Must have been a defender 26 Caps and no goals.

Why did you feel it was necessary to edit out hte date in the first place - that was part of the reason why people where questioning it - it made it look suspicious.

Is that not my parogative, since it is a thread started by me and a screenshot started by me? Maybe I didn't want everyone think I was a crap manager after only a couple of months in charge or then again maybe I just didn't want to show you. Maybe I thought it was my name I was covering up and got it wrong. Who know? The point is I did and I'm sorry for the obvious offense its caused and for others inability to use a bit of common sense to see that it is not the year 2020 or anywhere near there for that matter.

How can you rule out the other aspects of the game? You've said you're top of the league so at a guess it's not your results that has caused Downing to believe you'd be better suited to another type of employment.

The only other areas I can imagine would influence a players opinion is your interactions with other players &/or the press, for example if you constantly declare an interest in players that would never move Boro then Downing might think you're living in cloud cuckoo land & should not be allowed knives & forks for you own safety/

I find this thread quite funny actually, light hearted.

It's your tactics mate. ;)

How can you rule out the other aspects of the game? You've said you're top of the league so at a guess it's not your results that has caused Downing to believe you'd be better suited to another type of employment.

The only other areas I can imagine would influence a players opinion is your interactions with other players &/or the press, for example if you constantly declare an interest in players that would never move Boro then Downing might think you're living in cloud cuckoo land & should not be allowed knives & forks for you own safety/

I think if you carefully read back, you will find that I have never said I was top of the league. I am currently in 17th place, just above the relegation zone.

Stuart Downing is the one who thinks Boro should be top of the league.

My mistake, reading too many threads in different locations.

Dowings remarks actually make sense in this context, IIRC the game is very unforgiving when you take charge of a top flight club & spend your time hovering over the drop zone. FM definately rewards a career progression from lower down.

I'm sure this was part of the reasoning for SI introducing the past experience option, if you selected ex-pro or ex-international then you might be given more time in your first job.

My mistake, reading too many threads in different locations.

Dowings remarks actually make sense in this context, IIRC the game is very unforgiving when you take charge of a top flight club & spend your time hovering over the drop zone. FM definately rewards a career progression from lower down.

I'm sure this was part of the reasoning for SI introducing the past experience option, if you selected ex-pro or ex-international then you might be given more time in your first job.

I agree about game being unforgiving when you take charge of a top flight club, however not topping the table is a bit to extreme in this case. After all it is Boro, not United, Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal. Currently losing 3-0 to Chelsea at home and it looks as though I may have to resign, the next game is Hull, if I lose that then I'm jumping before I'm pushed. I've never been fired in any of the previous versions of FM the old CM and I don't intend on starting now. If I could convert at least one of the 3 + one on ones I get per game I'd be okay. I think for a succesful game I'll have to go back to 9.0.1 since for the life of me I can't get my head round 9.0.2.

If I was Stewart Downing, and I had a manager like millsy1982, I too would loose confidence in my manager!

Took the words right out off my mouth,people trying to either help or try to understand why Downing is saying that and they get insulted.

I can just imagine the half-time/full-time talks :)

I cant see how this is happenning unless you gave silly pre-season expectation's to get more of a transfer budget and wages,all I get from my team is they are very proud of the clubs league position and I am not near the top.

If I was Stewart Downing, and I had a manager like millsy1982, I too would loose confidence in my manager!

Aye same here, think any player would lose confidence in a manager who was as randomly and wildly irrational as millsy1982 has been in this thread :p

In all seriousness though, it could be that as he thinks the team are underachieving, that particular caption has appeared in his profile, nevertheless, this does seem like a bug to me, stick it in the bugs forum and see what they say over there :thup:

Millsy has blatantly told the board, and therefore the players/fans, that he is gonna be challenging for the title, to ensure a higher transfer/wage budget. Which in all fairness is the normal choice to make, as funds tends to lead to success. Personally, with the Man City issue, ie: buying players for more than then worth, my first job at Middlesboro would be to sell Downing to Man City, for a fee about or beyond £17mill. Thus ensuring that Downing cant be there to moan and disrupt harmony, and £17mill if spent wisely will normally allow any decent (fm)manager to challenge for a minimum 6th place.

Millsy has blatantly told the board, and therefore the players/fans, that he is gonna be challenging for the title, to ensure a higher transfer/wage budget. Which in all fairness is the normal choice to make, as funds tends to lead to success. Personally, with the Man City issue, ie: buying players for more than then worth, my first job at Middlesboro would be to sell Downing to Man City, for a fee about or beyond £17mill. Thus ensuring that Downing cant be there to moan and disrupt harmony, and £17mill if spent wisely will normally allow any decent (fm)manager to challenge for a minimum 6th place.

I could fully understand if I had said that in I expected to win the league, the fact is I didn't. I would have only gotten about 2 Million more in transfer budget from my Top Half Finsih that I did choose. Simply put, I would never say I expect to win the league (1st season) even with a team like United or Arsenal, let alone a very average Middelsborough side.

He's pretty cranky today, maybe he wants his bottle and should get his mammy to took him in tonight.

Please see post 18. I take it you just wanted to rack up another post? Congrats.

Since you know me so well?!?

it may be because at the beginning when they ask you about the expectations you chose "winners of EPL"

For the umpteenth time, I selected Top Half Finsih.

Ha ha, what a random agressive outburst.

Probably, and for that I apologise to 4457. Although in my defence, it seems alot of people on these forums are ready to jump on the back of anybody who dares to open a post. Rather than give help it seems that people will try and question your OP. There seems to be alot of people shooting others down. I'm pretty confident that some of the posts fired at me in this very thread are border line insults. At the end of the day, if 4457 wanted to help his first post could have been structured 100% better than what it was rather than the agrresive, your out to fool everybody, manner in which it was (or at least it felt like). Especially since he has over 1300 post. If he thought it was a wind up, then he should have simply ignored it or politly pointed out the fact I had covered the date and then asked for an explanation. Just for everybody reading through this thread knows, I deleted the date in error thinking my name was there as well, without paying any real attention.

Again I send my apologies to 4457 for the aggresive nature of some of my posts. I hope this can draw a line under the matter. You never know, I might even be able to win Downing over ;).

Goodness me where do I start.

1. The Asenjo thing has nothing to do with age. It is a generic comment for new signings of a certain quality if past experience is anything to go by

2. Caps means nothing. Matthew Upson is still stuck on 8 caps in my game (2013)

3. He quite obviously didn't mean 2020 exactly

4. Even if he did mean 2020, 36 isn't the impossible age you seem to believe it is.

What a thoroughly unpleasant chap.

Am i not allowed my own opinion? I felt that your reaction to some things in this thread, was quite disgusting. My post wasn't to crank my post count up, more to show how i feel on the situation of this thread.

To be honest no, I don't value your opinion one bit, since its very nature was offending not only to me (water of a ducks back) but my mother as well (honestly uncalled for). There's low, then there's low. If you found my post disgusting then why didn't you/don't you feel free to report me to the one of the Mods. At the end of the day, I've taken more abuse from people on here by a long way then my sarcastic and slightly aggressive post (to which I have have written a personel apology and PM'd itto 4457 aswell as apologising in public). As I mentioned above the aggresive nature of these forums, tends to lead others to be more aggressive than they usually would. You seem to be a prime candidate for what I'm talking about. The old saying engage brain before you open your mouth springs to mind. Advice I will be taking myself from now on.

Goodness me where do I start.

1. The Asenjo thing has nothing to do with age. It is a generic comment for new signings of a certain quality if past experience is anything to go by

2. Caps means nothing. Matthew Upson is still stuck on 8 caps in my game (2013)

3. He quite obviously didn't mean 2020 exactly

4. Even if he did mean 2020, 36 isn't the impossible age you seem to believe it is.

What a thoroughly unpleasant chap.

1. Since I'm at work I can't see the screenshot that I posted earlier, but if I'm right in thinking that the Asenjo thing said "belives to be a good prospect" then that would indicate that he is young.

2. If I was topping the league, then Downing would no doubt have added to his limited amount of Caps.

3. Then why say it?

4. True, but what would I care if Downing did say that, I would have personally have him laguishing somewhere in the reserves and he would be little more than a 2nd thought.

As for your other comment. Yet more proof of my previous posts.

I don't see a real big issue with my post. It was not aimed at "your mother" at all, it was aimed at the immaturity of your post. I don't feel the post was at all offending. It was a light hearted comment that you obviously took to heart. I can apologise for this but it wasn't intend to, and was just a comment that reflected the immaturity of a post by you, previous to it.

I don't see a real big issue with my post. It was not aimed at "your mother" at all, it was aimed at the immaturity of your post. I don't feel the post was at all offending. It was a light hearted comment that you obviously took to heart. I can apologise for this but it wasn't intend to, and was just a comment that reflected the immaturity of a post by you, previous to it.

Pot? Kettle? Black?

What your saying is, rather than making a constructive comment at your displeasure to my comment(s), you stooped to my "immature" ways.

Pot? Kettle? Black?

What your saying is, rather than making a constructive comment at your displeasure to my comment(s), you stooped to my "immature" ways.

Yes, i will admit i did, post an immature comment, in response to your immature comment. I can't see this arguement "discussion" going anywhere. So i will apologise to you Millsy for any offense i caused. And lets hope we can put this behind us, but im sure you wont lose sleep over it anyway.

well i've been trying to stay up to get over some Jet Lag I have from the last day or two and stumbled upon this. Why oh why did you blank out the date and then blatantly over-react to others attempting to ask what the date is!? That's rather idiotic to be fair. However as WBA_Baggies suggests, the question remains (however immaturely the thread has descended), why would Downing think that?

Yes, i will admit i did, post an immature comment, in response to your immature comment. I can't see this arguement "discussion" going anywhere. So i will apologise to you Millsy for any offense i caused. And lets hope we can put this behind us, but im sure you wont lose sleep over it anyway.

I will lose all my sleep over this!! I have seen the darkness of man's heart and the one wise true friend named Piggy.

No just kidding.

1. Since I'm at work I can't see the screenshot that I posted earlier, but if I'm right in thinking that the Asenjo thing said "belives to be a good prospect" then that would indicate that he is young.

2. If I was topping the league, then Downing would no doubt have added to his limited amount of Caps.

3. Then why say it?

4. True, but what would I care if Downing did say that, I would have personally have him laguishing somewhere in the reserves and he would be little more than a 2nd thought.

As for your other comment. Yet more proof of my previous posts.

1. It says he believes Asenjo will prove a valuable addition to the squad

2. Good point but again I've played as West Ham a few times and preformed brilliantly without Upson getting a call up

3. Just to throw a year into the air I presume

4. Again good point but perhaps he aged well (Larsson still finds himself at good clubs in my games at what, 36?).

Archived