Do you ever get scared.....?

I tend to worry about the 2nd season syndrome, always do well in my first season at spurs, strengthen what I think are the weakest parts of my team during the summer, and then for some reason always languish mid table, bad euro results etc in the 2nd season.

I tend to put it down to the fact that I NEVER buy players when the game starts, always play with the players who are there "for real" for the first part of the season, and then during the Jan transfer window and the preseason window buy loads of new players, and staff

yup i was manchester united and im always scared in every game but it makes it feel much better when i win

I can completely understand. It must be terryfying playing as Utd, knowing that you might only win 2-0 rather than 5-0 most matches.

The only time I get scared in the game is when I spend loads of money on one single player - and as soon as the transfer goes through, a large cloud of regret lingers over my head.

I only feel slightly not confident when I play the major teams in my top flight. After we were promoted to the top flight I was all excited of taking my team to a whole new level, but when you are playing against a team who has been dominating the league for the past several years, it does tend to throw me off a bit.

It's really dumb I know, but I've finally got AFC Wimbledon promoted to the BSP as champions and now I'm really scared to begin the new season for fear of being relegated again.

Do you ever get twitchy about silly things like this.

Dont worry. I am also AFC Wimbledon and just about to start league 2, with 2 consecutive promotions. Here are some threads where you can get enough top class players.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=2364109

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=57275

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=56566&highlight=conference

Wouldn't say scared, just more full of wonder at whats coming up in the next season. Its more when i promoted to be honest!

P.S does anybody find that when they get promoted for the first few games they find themselves playing the strongest teams from that league? Or am i just unlucky in every season after promotion?

I'm also managing AFC Wimbledon on course for a promotion in League 1 to the Champs. Got Arsenal as my parent club so I usually get 4 of their reserve players on loan the whole season. As for the OPer I reckon you should do the same (get a parent club) and start signing reject players from the PL they should be good enough to guide you into league 1.

I would be scared lol AFC Wimbledon are going down on mine 2nd season.

To answer your question no Im in my second season with Gateshead after winning promotion I wasnt scared because I count myself as an FM wheeler Dealer and brought a few new faces from league 2 and above including Dean Windass.

Im struggling but il stay up this season probably consolodate next and promotion the year after if I have my way :D

Update...

It's taken me nearly 2 weeks to get started in my BSP campaign because I was so nervous about crashing and burning. However, 1 week before the first day my scout attended a trialist day and I picked up 3 fantastic players on a free who went straight into the first team. Now, 3 games in I've won all 3 and only conceded 1.

Nah i would never reload :p i once joined hull when they were in the PL and they were minus 10 points beacause of administation then we went down to the coca cola and we went into admin again then got in a relegation battle which i lost narroley and ended up in league 1 :) ha ha it was hilarious

It's really dumb I know, but I've finally got AFC Wimbledon promoted to the BSP as champions and now I'm really scared to begin the new season for fear of being relegated again.

Do you ever get twitchy about silly things like this.

Yes... got Montrose promoted to SD1 and quit after 3 games out of fear of being relegated/sacked for poor performance after 2 promotions

Archived