How to "Get" more RAM?

The other thing to note is that 0.99 is effectively 1 gb of ram. RAM It self comes in multiples of 128. My assumption is that your machine as 2 x 512 mb ram sticks in it, and windows is resevering .11 for god knows what!*

That amount of ram should run a small game quite well

*This post is provided as is and I mean no disrepect to microsoft:p

It depends on your O/S XP is 512 Vista is 1gb (I think)

Thats right. Although I would have thought that with only 512mb you probably would only be able to run one or two leagues which isn't much if you want a good enjoyable game. To the original poster check with the manufacturer of your computer if your ram can be upgraded because I believe that its sometimes quite difficult if your using a laptop.

Thats right. Although I would have thought that with only 512mb you probably would only be able to run one or two leagues which isn't much if you want a good enjoyable game.

I run England (full), and the top leagues in Scotland, France, Italy, Germany, Spain and Portugal. Can get through about a month every hour or so (this is with autosave every day), so it's pretty decent actually, at least for me.

You can also convert hard disk space to conventional memory/RAM. If you have a large HDD with plenty of space left, you can use some of that as "fake RAM", if you will.

Control Panel > System > Advanced tab, then into the Performance "Settings" button, then click "Change" on your Virtual Memory section.

You can then set this to a higher number to give your PC some more resources.

Archived