What point do you accept defeat with out blame?

When your playing fairly well getting some good results, suddenly you think you have a good team and a good tactic or tactics..

Then a bomb shell is droped, you lose a game or two, at what point do you sit there and say i can accept defeat today because i know my team is poor or my tactics are crap etc.

I was 2nd in the championship doing well, i beat newly promoted leeds 4-0 away and i thought must of been a good day, then i beat Bolton Newly relegated after 1st season..

Since then teams like Norwich that are like 3 points from relegation are suddenly favorutes to beat me when im playing at home, this may be cheating but i have replayed the game 4 times using different tactics to try and understand how to be better at understanding the tactic frame work, I got hammerd every game, I even tried the Razor tactic and sloe 3 other well known world beaters including my own tactic which fired me top of the league..

Why suddenly have they became favorutes to win a game away from home when i have been doing well all year?

if it was down to my team beeing rubbish i could understand, i havd 5,6 and 7 star players, i doubt i could get them much better for this league..

So i realy need help to understand, firstly why i suddenly become 2nd to win, and if it is my tactics, how do i even go about making them better..?

In the Championship irl I have heard it said and believe that any team can beat any other team on any given day,just the nature of the league.

Alot of people say "its your tactics" this I dont belive,if you have a winning tactic(s) like I have and you start to lose a couple of games,I dont start messing with my tactics but looking at my team,I will maybe rest a couple of player's or drop them to the bench,maybe a couple are struggling with moral or maybe they are just having a dip in form.

I hear alot of poster's saying that teams dont mess around with there tactics every week irl but the same could be said that teams irl dont play the same 11 every week.

In the Championship irl I have heard it said and believe that any team can beat any other team on any given day,just the nature of the league.

Alot of people say "its your tactics" this I dont belive,if you have a winning tactic(s) like I have and you start to lose a couple of games,I dont start messing with my tactics but looking at my team,I will maybe rest a couple of player's or drop them to the bench,maybe a couple are struggling with moral or maybe they are just having a dip in form.

I hear alot of poster's saying that teams dont mess around with there tactics every week irl but the same could be said that teams irl dont play the same 11 every week.

SO its a case of dropping players on poor form, ie may be they have more players in good form so they could win?

Match odds are decided largely on recent form and partially on reputation.

I don't know how tactically knowledgeable you are but you need to notice what's going wrong, or have your assistant do that for you, and tweak your tactics to fix it. With FM08 I could do this easily, but I've found tactics in 09 much more difficult to master. You also need to balance this with team talks and dropping players who aren't performing well, as well as player interaction. It's a very complicated game.

The most common problem is if you are seen initially as minnows in the league, teams play attacking against you. As you build more reputation and teams are more wary of you, they will change to a more defensive tactic which means your previous counter-attacking tactic won't work as well as it did before.

Well without having played your game it is hard to say,yes maybe you have won a couple of games but maybe Norwich have won quite a few,yes they are only 3 points from relegation but how is there form been over say the last month compared to yours,also whats the points difference?

I have played 16 games of the Prmiership with my QPR side(2nd season in Premiership)and I sit in 7th place but every game I go to play I am still classed as a relegation candidate,as this was were they thought I would finish at the start of the season,I recently played and beat Stoke who only have 7 points and after I was told it was a vital win,not really as I have no chance to be relegated.

I would hazzard a guess that it has a mixture of form and your team standings,I think my team is on ranked 70th in the world or something like that but we are much higher I would say given this years preformance but ofc we wont move up until the end of the season.

Completely agree with you there mate, I support Southampton and we are dangerously close to the relegation zone in the Championship, we can get results away to Reading and Plymouth with a win and draw respectively but when we play Forest at home we wilter and play poor resulting in a 2-0 loss! It is all about the belief of the teams on whether they can beat this team infront of them on this day personally, if they truely believe they can win then they will. Just look at Bristol City last season, just promoted and got all the way to the play-off final, an achievement that's pretty much unheard of but they had the belief to do it, just the same as Hull City this season in the Prem!

I always blame something or someone when I lose. One time in 09 I accepted the loss and was pleased with my players effort and they all felt unworthy and dropped in morale and lost the next 3 following games. So these days I always find someone to blame and I'm never even slightly pleased with anything but a win.

Fitness and morale are very important my all conquoring reserve team played 3 games in 3 days BIG mistake they were all on 90% fitness when the match started and they were nailed 3-0 at home by a really bad team. AFter they had a week off it was back to normal nailing teams 5-0 at home and 3-0 away! Fitness is vital morale is very important as well. Keep a eye on your player stats as well some of my players are increasing faster than others my previous best centre back at the start of the season is now down to third best because all the other players are improving faster than him.

It always possible that a team can have a bad day. The seem to be playing well and then wham! they lose a game and then confidence is dented and it takes a little while to get things back and running again. Changing tactics also doesn't help because the team has to get used to the new tactics being asked of them.

Accept the defeat, encourage the players and what I have done is actually dropped a couple of my star players and given more fringe players a go - they tend to be more wanting to play and less complacent. Plus it gives the star player a chance to review his performance.

When I lose I accept it and move on. Bad runs happen in every league in the world, no matter who is in your team.

Archived