70 goals in 14 games!

I'm managing Rotherham in League Two in my second season. Just thought I'd take a look at the Premiership and was astounded to see WIGAN ATHLETIC second after 14 games having scored 70 goals (for an average of 5 goals per game). Man Utd above them have scored 62; the rest of the league has scored a far more plausible number. I'm going to put this down to a one-off, but it's definitely weird.

wiganhi5.png

A quick look at Wigan's fixtures show a lot of 6-1 or 6-2 wins. They've also recorded a 9-0 over Birmingham and a 9-1 over Liverpool! The Premier League is run on the lowest detail possible on my game right now. Wonder what happens if I turn detail on.

A quick look at Wigan's fixtures show a lot of 6-1 or 6-2 wins. They've also recorded a 9-0 over Birmingham and a 9-1 over Liverpool! The Premier League is run on the lowest detail possible on my game right now. Wonder what happens if I turn detail on.

Answer: Man Utd are still scoring like crazy; Wigan have begun to slip up a bit. I remember Ackter (I think) saying leagues run on minimal detail use a different engine to simulate matches compared to 'active' leagues. Wonder if that did have an impact.

Archived