Team becoming used to a tactic...

At the moment I tend to use an attacking 433 at home (three strikers, no wingers) and away from home I'm using a 532 with aggressive wing-backs. Both are new tactics for my team.

What I'm unsure of is how they go about adjusting to the formations. For a team to get to know their role within a tactic, should you only play that tactic (and slight variations of it for home/away) rather than chop between two distinctly different setups?

If I keep using both tactics, will they learn both? I'm just wondering if changing it for each match means they start over with the learning process.

Anyone know? The game doesnt tell you so maybe someones heard something from their mate Dave down the pub etc :)

I think the OP was asking how long his team will get used to it if he uses two new ones; not the opposition. For what it's worth, I'd think it best to stick to one.

Sorry, based it on the title

Well it could take a while, it would be best to make the adjustment when you are on a really bad streak and even then I would stick to one formation and just vary the team settings a bit.

I think the OP was asking how long his team will get used to it if he uses two new ones; not the opposition. For what it's worth, I'd think it best to stick to one.

I am afraid I disagree. It is OK to use one, but it is better to have two or three.

A note:

Teams are used to all default Formations (4-4-2, 4-3-3 ect) already. But if you make your own that is a different story.

It may well be better to have two or three but not if they're all new. If you want a team to 'learn' the new formation surely it's best to stick to one at a time.

Sure, I agree if we are talking about modified formations. :)

Archived