Real Sale Values

As a result of FM09 having a rewritten AI transfer code, there is no longer a fixed 'real sale' price for a player that can be exploited by a 'cheat' scout or editor utility. Rather the price the selling club demands is dynamic and determined by a range of factors such as reputations and how badly the club want to hang on to the player.

One factor, however, is the previous bid(s) you've made. Now, in previous versions this was stupid in the extreme; negotiations would go -

YOU: $10M

THEM: $15

YOU: $12

THEM: $18 + 20% etc etc

Hopefully this is now much better. My question is this: has anyone found out the best logic to apply? In other words, if your initial offer is on the low side, will the selling club come back with a higher but still reasonable counter-offer, or will an initially low bid result in a higher demand in the end? To keep matter simpler, let's assume no other clubs are interested in the player.

No - in this, i find the AI to be moronic.

You offer a sensible price (list price +10% say)

They then come back and reject it flat

You then offer list price +50%

They decide to negotiate it to list price x3

You offer list price x2

they then negotiate to list price x4

then you offer list price x3

AND THEY THEN TRY AND NEGOTIATE!!!

from experiance try this:

1) never offer what you want to upfront, they will always negotiate.

2) offer low, and when you find a price at which they start to negotiate (they will flat out reject low offers) then you know to start making non-negotiable offers.

3) make non-negotiable offers and slowly raise them till you can find a price that both accept.

I had a fantastic regen that i wanted to buy - he had 7* from my scout and listed as 'definative purchase' (looked him up on a scout after i bought him and he had a PA of 199 just to give an idea of how good he should be.)

I offered 30mil (his list price)

they rejected

I offered 35 mil - they negotiated to 80mil!!!

I know im getting somewhere becasue they negotiated

I offered in 1mil amounts non-negotiable deals

bought him for £42mil. - almost half of what they 'wanted'

ive had the same problems as you Maidel, but ive also had really lucky occurances. for example, one time a player was valued at 5mil, so i offered 5 and they rejected, then i offered 7.5 and they wanted to negotiate and counter-offered something around 9, then i came back with an offer of 6.5 (1mil less than my offer that made them negotiate) and they accepted it, so i think sometimes its dumb luck that might play a part when it comes to negotiations.

Archived