The amount of injuries is ridiculous

I have the latest patch and about 10 players for my Arsenal squad are injured, it happens like every match, its ridiculous.

Is there gonna be another patch or something to fix this?

It's spoiling the game for me, I may just stop playing until it's fixed :thdn:

I have the latest patch and about 10 players for my Arsenal squad are injured, it happens like every match, its ridiculous.

Is there gonna be another patch or something to fix this?

It's spoiling the game for me, I may just stop playing until it's fixed :thdn:

Welcome to the forums, Lashley :thup:

I've only just got the game today and had 2 injuries per match so far, which does seem a bit much tbh. I am with STEAM, which downloaded 9.2 instantly for me.

Perhaps it's still an issue, or we're both quite unlucky. Not everyone will be seeing the same thing, I guarantee :thup:

Welcome to the forums, Lashley :thup:

I've only just got the game today and had 2 injuries per match so far, which does seem a bit much tbh. I am with STEAM, which downloaded 9.2 instantly for me.:

Has it definately done it?

IF you are using a short cut you made, rather than starting it through steam each time, you will probably find its not a patched version you are playing.

I got caught out by this.

This has been posted many times already. It is advised that you search for similar topics before you post.

People have given possible solutions in other posts, and many think there is no real problem. I never see too many injuries for starters. My training schedule isn't extremely low and I keep players on the field well into the 60%s. That's why I think that there must be something you are doing to promote this devastating injury level.

Have you built up fitness levels pre-season? That means an intirely different training schedule before the season starts, and which focuses on fitness.

Are you starting players who are tired or out of match training? Those players will be more likely to suffer injury.

Do you have tackling set to hard? This can injure your own players as easily as it can injure the opposition's.

Do you play an extremely high tempo and ask a lot of your players?

Do you set a different training schedule for positions? I don't know if this is directly linked to injuries but it is something I always do and I think it really boosts performance and improvement. You can also set aside more in-season fitness training if you are not covering every position on the pitch in general training. I tend to keep in-season fitness training about 75-85% lower than pre-season.

Change things around and find out why your players are getting injured before you automatically assume it's a bug. I'm pretty sure it's not as drastic as you make out, even if there is some slight bug in the code.

Has it definately done it?

IF you are using a short cut you made, rather than starting it through steam each time, you will probably find its not a patched version you are playing.

I got caught out by this.

On the title screen of the game it says "Version 9.2"

When I start a new game I have the option of loading Database "Official 9.2 update" :thup:

Yes, I'm certain.

The injuries are fine, it will be your training and not rotating enough.

I'm sure there was a thread to moan about injuries already though...

It will have nothing to do with your training, ignore this myth. Its what is called the luck of the draw! Next season you may only have a couple of injuries.

Take the rough with the smooth.

Well training most certainly does have an effect - where are the injuries happening and what condition are you players starting their matches in.

If most of your players are getting injured in training (check their history and injuries tab) OR your players are starting most matches with less than 95% fitness, then your training is too hard (or you dont have enough players)

It does NOT have as much of an effect as most people on here will have you believe. I've seen people saying make sure you drop your training to light during the season which is ridiculous. And playing players with less than 95% fitness is just some figure you picked out of the air.

I have played numerous games on this version, my current one stretching to 4 seasons, and I always have my training on medium, one notch under heavy. Injuries are never an issue because of this but I go through peaks and troughs with them. Its just that the people complaining about this forget that had a great season last year with only a couple of injuries but as soon as they get afew and run low on reserves, it must be a bug!

That was a bug pre the original patch but that was an age ago.

It does NOT have as much of an effect as most people on here will have you believe. I've seen people saying make sure you drop your training to light during the season which is ridiculous. And playing players with less than 95% fitness is just some figure you picked out of the air.

I have played numerous games on this version, my current one stretching to 4 seasons, and I always have my training on medium, one notch under heavy. Injuries are never an issue because of this but I go through peaks and troughs with them. Its just that the people complaining about this forget that had a great season last year with only a couple of injuries but as soon as they get afew and run low on reserves, it must be a bug!

That was a bug pre the original patch but that was an age ago.

I'm not complaining at all, if you're including me in that. :p

Firstly - the 95% thing is not a number I picked out of the air - its a good representation of the fact that if players are not recovering fast from their games, then their condition doesnt pick up above 95% between games.

Secondly - never said to drop training down to light - mine is one notch below heavy, but that only works because i have a very very fit bunch of players and 21 7* coaches - for another team, that would probably kill them!

We are agreeing on most things - there isnt a bug, but there are things that can make people THINK its a bug.

Firstly, If you have a sucessful season, that generally means playing twice a week for quite a lot of it, it is unlikely that players recover to over 95% from the weekend game to the midweek game. Does that mean more injuries? no.

Secondly, you may want to look up what the stars for the training mean, you may be surprised.

Firstly, If you have a sucessful season, that generally means playing twice a week for quite a lot of it, it is unlikely that players recover to over 95% from the weekend game to the midweek game. Does that mean more injuries? no.

Secondly, you may want to look up what the stars for the training mean, you may be surprised.

1) Yes - but it wont be that way for the entire season, only the later half where the games get bunched up - which from experiance is where most of the injuries come from. IF thats happening at the start of the season, then thats going to be a problem.

2) Jeeze, dont patronise me, im quite aware of how ridiculous SIs interpretation of the * for coaching is, i was just meaning that i have a lot of good coaches and very fit players, i will delete that referance if it makes you happier.

I can't really agree there is too much injuries =] I hade about 15 injuries during whole season (2 games left). Of course there are some weird situations like this:

wpnb0.jpg

But I laugh on that rather than getting nervous :D And yes, this screen was made 2 minutes ago after last game and I am before the most important game of the season, it will decide if I will get promoted or not :D

• SI Staff

We use the competition injury screen to judge the number of injuries in the game, which we think should generally be at around an average of 3.5 per team at any one time. It covers the entire squad not just the first team btw.

We use the competition injury screen to judge the number of injuries in the game, which we think should generally be at around an average of 3.5 per team at any one time. It covers the entire squad not just the first team btw.

Everyone complaining about mass injuries, start stocking up on youngsters and reserves :p;)

Two different careers and no problems with injuries, only at one point in season i had 3 players injured ,at same time. I even started some players at 85% and replaced them when they were around 60% and still they didn't get injured playing on shoddy LLM pitch..

Neither of league i am playing has to many either. BSS has very tight schedule and yet , injury numbers are rather normal :

injuries.jpg

i am not even on the screenshot (Newport Co) because at that time i had 0 injuries.That was 40+ games into season , having match every 3 days roughly.Plus i see at least 50% of other team injuries are 2 weeks and less on longer side.

• SI Staff

There are no plans to change injuries for 9.3. We may try to improve the balance of injury type however for FM2010, while keeping things pretty much the same in terms of the injury table averages.

Current Injury List From PhysioRoom.com

Everton 7

J Yobo Hamstring Injury 10th Jan 09

S Castillo Hamstring Injury no return date

A Yakubu Calf/Shin Injury Jun 09

L Saha Hamstring Injury 10th Jan 09

J Vaughan Knee Injury Mar 09

N Valente Knee Injury 10th Jan 09

L Jacobsen Dislocated Shoulder 10th Jan 09

Newcastle United 6

M Viduka Groin Strain no return date

H Beye Knee Injury no return date

O Martins Groin Strain 10th Jan 09

J Barton MCL Knee Ligament Injury 17th Jan 09

I Gonzalez Achilles Tendinopathy Mar 09

A Smith Achilles Tendinopathy 28th Jan 09

Arsenal 5

J Djourou Calf Muscle Strain no return date

A Song Thigh Muscle Strain no return date

C Fabregas MCL Knee Ligament Injury Apr 09

T Walcott Dislocated Shoulder 21st Feb 09

T Rosicky Hamstring Injury Mar 09

Fulham 5

J Bullard Hip/Thigh Injury 3rd Jan 09

Z Gera Calf Muscle Strain 10th Jan 09

K Seol Knee Injury no return date

Andranik Knee Injury 10th Jan 09

D Kamara Knee Injury 18th Jan 09

Manchester City 5

C Evans Ankle/Foot Injury 3rd Jan 09

B Mwaruwari Groin Strain no return date

M Petrov Knee Injury 21st Feb 09

M Johnson Groin Strain 10th Jan 09

V Bojinov Calf/Shin Injury 17th Feb 09

Middlesbrough 5

A Johnson Hamstring Injury no return date

Mido Groin Strain no return date

D Digard Groin Strain 3rd Jan 09

J Hoyte Knee Injury 28th Jan 09

R Williams LCL Knee Ligament Injury 17th Jan 09

Portsmouth 5

R Hughes Groin Strain no return date

P Bouba Diop MCL Knee Ligament Injury no return date

G Johnson Knee Injury 3rd Jan 09

Y Kaboul Ankle/Foot Injury 3rd Jan 09

J Utaka Hip/Thigh Injury 3rd Jan 09

Aston Villa 4

C Cuellar Hip/Thigh Injury 30th Dec 08

M Laursen Knee Injury 31st Jan 09

J Carew Back Injury no return date

W Bouma Ankle/Foot Injury 23rd Jan 09

Blackburn Rovers 4

D Dunn Hamstring Injury no return date

R Santa Cruz Calf Muscle Strain no return date

S Reid Knee Injury Jun 09

V Grella Hamstring Injury 5th Jan 09

Bolton Wanderers 4

G Cahill Back Injury 3rd Jan 09

T Cohen Hamstring Injury 10th Jan 09

J O'Brien Thigh Muscle Strain 10th Jan 09

R Vaz Te Knee Injury Jun 09

Liverpool 4

A Arbeloa Hamstring Injury 10th Jan 09

F Aurelio Calf Muscle Strain 3rd Jan 09

F Torres Hamstring Injury 3rd Jan 09

P Degen Metatarsal Fracture 10th Jan 09

Manchester United 4

R Ferdinand Back Injury 11th Jan 09

B Foster Thumb/Wrist Injury no return date

W Brown Sprained Ankle 17th Jan 09

O Hargreaves Jumpers Knee May 09

Stoke City 4

D Kitson Knee Injury 3rd Jan 09

L Cort Groin Strain 3rd Jan 09

S Diao Calf Muscle Strain 3rd Jan 09

M Sidibe Knee Injury 17th Jan 09

Sunderland 4

G McCartney Ankle/Foot Injury 21st Feb 09

D Connolly Groin/Pelvis Injury 3rd Jan 09

C Gordon Ankle/Foot Injury 17th Jan 09

D Ward Back Injury no return date

West Bromwich Albion 4

A Meite Hamstring Injury no return date

F Teixeira Calf Muscle Strain 3rd Jan 09

I Miller MCL Knee Ligament Injury Jun 09

N Clement Knee Injury 27th Jan 09

West Ham United 4

L Neill Ankle/Foot Injury 3rd Jan 09

K Dyer Virus 3rd Jan 09

D Ashton Os Trigonum Syndrome no return date

D Gabbidon Groin/Pelvis Injury no return date

Chelsea 3

Alex Hamstring Injury no return date

F Malouda Hamstring Injury no return date very doubtful

M Essien ACL Knee Injury Mar 09

Hull City 3

C Folan Knee Injury 17th Jan 09

A Dawson Achilles Paratendinopathy 10th Jan 09

A Gardner Thigh Muscle Strain 10th Jan 09

Tottenham Hotspur 3

T Huddlestone Ankle/Foot Injury no return date

A Hutton Metatarsal Fracture Apr 09

G Dos Santos Sprained Ankle 2nd Jan 09

Wigan Athletic 1

C Kirkland Back Injury 2nd Jan 09

In my current game I see no problem with it!

EPLInjuriesingame.jpg

EPLInjuries2.jpg

EPLInjuries3.jpg

Archived