stadium expansion

I've just had a stadium expansion with Southampton and lost nearly 10,000 seats while this was going on to add 16,000 seats, it said on the news iten that PART of the South stand would be closed but for 10,000 seats to be out of action that would've taken out the whole of the south stand if I am getting my bearings correct. Can someone please tell me if the south stand on the game relates to geographical south or in any other way like the camara angle where I would say the south stand would be the stand under the camara and the north stand being opposite stand and so on

I don't think the game has individual stadiums' dimensions/stands recorded, so it's probably generic.

WRT OP/subsequent posts: New stadia depend on a couple of factors, including reputation and club balance, iirc, and whether or not you're filling out your stadium. Stadium expansion should normally occur at the end of the season and end around November to January, depending on how big the expansion is.

Here's a question: if the local council keeps blocking the planned stadium expansion, should I keep asking the board every season for an expansion in hopes of them building a new stadium or will that prevent them from building one because they'll be stuck in an endless loop of planning expansion and getting it rejected by the local council?

My balance and reputation are very healthy (Chelsea) and I am constantly filling out my stadium.

I know its cheating.... but if im starting a game as a club that I (Want) to stay at for a long time (if im int that mood i tend to quit if i get sacked and start again) I make one little alteration in the editor - i change the maximum expansion capacity of the stadium to something like 80K

I dont change anything else, but it just means if i get very successful i dont end up with the liverpool senario of being confined to a reasonably small stadium and suffering for it.

Here's a question: if the local council keeps blocking the planned stadium expansion, should I keep asking the board every season for an expansion in hopes of them building a new stadium or will that prevent them from building one because they'll be stuck in an endless loop of planning expansion and getting it rejected by the local council?

My balance and reputation are very healthy (Chelsea) and I am constantly filling out my stadium.

So does anyone have an answer to my question quoted above?

I also manage Chelsea and have had 5 sucessful seasons - the stadium expanded by only 265 seats!

In 08, in one game it was expanded twice and then they bought "New Wembley" 90,000 stadium - but think this has been removed from 09 version. It will be interesting to see what the Board does to solve this problem.

Would be interested to hear from other long term Chelsea managers on this subject.

Ive expanded mine two seasons in a row, first was like 16k extra seats, then 7k extra seats. Now i have a 100,000 all seater and avg attendance of 99981. :):) Stupid loan repayments dont hurt quite as badly as before.

im man utd btw

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had a new Spurs stadium? I've been stuck at 55'000 capacity for 5 years now and the board tell me every year that the local council will never allow further expansion. I'm hoping that I will get a new stadium at some point...

• 2 weeks later...
I cant get a new Stadium built

I am Southport - taken them up to the prem, I have £100m in the bank, fill out my 20,000 stadium

For 3 seasons i have had planning rejected

I have yet to read where anyone in FM09 has had a NEW stadium! Bug?

I'm sure you will find plenty of people who have had a new stadium, people have even had it named after them.

And you will need more than 100 million to be granted a new stadium.

Whatsmore, you may need to wait longer as i think your 20,000 stadium could be just extended.

Not a bug.

I'm just about to finish my first season in my new stadium. It's 2018/19 and I'm AFC Wimbledon (4th season in the Prem).

My old stadium was expanded to 12500 and then the board announced a new 28500 stadium would be built. I didn't have any money so a £30m loan was taken out to pay for it! And it took two years to finish.

Unfortunately, the name is just "AFC Wimbledon Stadium", which is rubbish! In 08 I had a stadium named after me but I've not had chance to win any trophies (since the FA Trophy) so i guess they couldn't name this one after me and we don't yet have any great players to name a stadium after.

I wonder if i can get another new stadium in 10 years or so when we'll have some legends (hopefully)?....

Archived