Constantly underachieving?!?!

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem...

Have had 4 games on the go since 09 came out, with Coventry, Reading, Portsmouth, and most recently Fulham. And all 4 of those games are all the same, in that no matter what players i sign, or what tactics I use, my players are constantly losing the ball or missing one on ones, whilst the AI decides they can score at any moment. For example, with my Fulham team, I have just reached November, and have won 0, drawn 6 and lost 5. Even in games where I completely dominate, the opposing team will always grab a late equaliser. And when I dont play to my full potential, I lose. Comfortabely.

Ive tried many different tactics, and signed good players, e.g. Vagner Love, Niko Krancjar, Stefan Radu etc. but nothing will seem to make me pick up form.

And comment that 'your a cr*p manager' as this is definately not the case, have had loads of success in the previous FM's!!!

Whats going on here??? Why is this happening to my teams? Are there any suggestions out there?

Cheers.

Have you considered downloading one of the more successful tactics from the tactics forum just to see if its you, or the game?

I dont understand people who have problems like you, because I havent had any issues like this at all, but you arent the only one to seem to have these issues.

I feel i am having similar problems to you.

Ive found this version very frustratin to say the least. In previous versions much like ive done now i'll experiment with various teams, formations etcand usually i'll have a modicum of success. So far, bar taking Reading from Championship to the premiership ive had nothing.

I think the way things are represented in the match engine add to the frustrating. Alot of time i'll dominate games, have the majority of chances only for my keeper to randomly run 30 yards from his goal line into an area where my defence is and then findin himself lobbed. I also dread the first 5 minutes after half time as i am usually prone to give away a goal.

As frustrating as it is i'll continue playing, im sure i'll find a solution at some point

I hate to say this - but its your tactics...

I dont mean that in the sarcastic way that many posters do, but it is your tactics that are doing it. Its most likely you have an issue with the mentality settings on your players.

the keeper will tend to run out randomly and act as a sweeper (and thus get lobbed repeatedly) if his mentality is set too far from the defenders, who will have pushed up the pitch quite a lot.

At least you're consistant...

one thing that might help you is to actually change less... you don't win every match with the best tactics so if you choose one that seems to work, even if you lose the match, stick with it. Sometimes you just get no luck - but don't let that make you dismiss good tactics especially when you have new players who may need some time to get used to it all!

I hate to say this - but its your tactics...

I dont mean that in the sarcastic way that many posters do, but it is your tactics that are doing it. Its most likely you have an issue with the mentality settings on your players.

the keeper will tend to run out randomly and act as a sweeper (and thus get lobbed repeatedly) if his mentality is set too far from the defenders, who will have pushed up the pitch quite a lot.

I know you're probably right. The keeper thing was not a consistent problem, its just one that stuck out.

Because i've never been a tactical guru on this game previous homemade success has come from downloading tactics that have worked well for others, seeing what has worked well in those and then implementing those ideas having understood what is, into my own created tactic.

This year, having tried to develop my own using information on the forums with no success at all levels, i downloaded various tactics and again have had success at all levels.

Its not major problem, as i said i'll keep hunting for what im missing, ive just found this version somewhat more of a challenge than previous ones

Its not major problem, as i said i'll keep hunting for what im missing, ive just found this version somewhat more of a challenge than previous ones

Me too - and the nice thing is, its the first year ive managed to keep interrest in a really long career game. In previous versions i got bored after 3-5 seasons and would change and do something else - currently im 7 years in and going strong - i havent done that since i got Michael Owen to retire in CM01-02

Yes... I'm sure Alex Ferguson ONLY shows anger if Man U play badly at home games. How realistic...

*rolls eyes*

There's always the option of saying that you're "dissapointed to have lost".. No anger there, players get the picture and everyone is happy.

(despite the fact that you lost)

I show them anger home and away because their incompetence makes me furious every game. I tell them exactly how bad they are and if they can't take it then they're out the door. I don't need a team of prima donnas.

Well this is part of your problem and why your tactic never works - your team probably dont like you much.

No, my tactics never works because my players are too dumb to understand them.

Well yes.

The game is like that - but you can either have a really bad gaming experiance and constantly blame the game for being stupid, or you can work with what the game has, and enjoy it.

Up to you I suppose.

Archived